Can't load samples in Black Magic no exec file

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello ! I'm trying to install Black Magic. I tried various things but it's not working. Also in the manual it says:
The second part is to install the Samples and Kits which is simply a case of running the provided installer and selecting the location where you would like to install
I have no executable files in my download from my account only 2 rar files although it is showing .exe in my account:

When extracted there are the DLLs, samples, kits, etc. but no .exe file in the archive.

So I tried this procedure instead that I found here on the forum :
Easiest way is to uninstall the BM Sample Content and then re-install to your desired location :)

Or to do it manually:

find the following file on the root of C:

C:\HGSounds_Black_Magic.txt

Open in notepad. Inside there is the path to the samples location etc... So if you move all the BM related stuff to a location elsewhere on your hard drive you can manually edit the path here.

Hope that helps!
The only file that I found on my C: is located there:
C:\Users\Boone\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

I tried to change the location in the .txt file with many different combination of how the folders were extracted in my plugin directory.

The DLLs work find in Reaper I can open the plugin but can't locate the sounds as there is no path to direct to in the plugin AFAIK.

What am I missing ? Am I supposed to have some .exe in my download ?
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

The samples should be a Rar installer (.exe) that automatically put the files where they need to be?

The important thing is that the C:\HGSounds_Black_Magic.txt exists as this holds the path to the samples, if it isn't installing find it in the rar and extract to c:\

Next open it in a text editor and you will see that it currently points to something like c:\HGSounds\Black Magic Kits\

put the samples wherever you want and change this line to the location you have placed them.

I hope that helps :)

Alternately here is the file that needs to be in the root of C
HGSounds_Black_Magic.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Astralp wrote:The samples should be a Rar installer (.exe) that automatically put the files where they need to be?

The important thing is that the C:\HGSounds_Black_Magic.txt exists as this holds the path to the samples, if it isn't installing find it in the rar and extract to c:\

Next open it in a text editor and you will see that it currently points to something like c:\HGSounds\Black Magic Kits\

put the samples wherever you want and change this line to the location you have placed them.

I hope that helps :)
To my knowledge a rar file is an archive wich can't be executed. Or you saying that when I unrar it should 'execute' something ?? I don't get it.

These are the files once extracted:
Last edited by Boone777 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

My C: Drive looks like this:

In the text file on the C: drive I point to the kits like you said:

Should'nt the text file be in another folder ? It kinda weird being there on the top root structure of the C: drive.

It should be:

D:\plugins\Home Grown Sounds\BlackMagic\HGSounds\

Thanks it's working now.

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”