No votes
Virus Kits WAV
No votes
Vortex VSTi – Multitimbral Groove Machine
No votes

Total votes: 109

RELATED
PRODUCTS

As requested by Fleer, I've created a poll if people want to vote on their favourite Product. I had to condense it to 30 lines and so Kosmology and Multiverse have become a single choice which may be unbalanced but 30 is the limit :) You can select 3 though.

Possibly related helpful resource, spreadsheet w/Kosmology and Multiverse summary: https://ethercalc.org/hdpjxdttxhz5

Could use more fleshing out (e.g. relationship between these products and Homegrown Complete 2010).

Voted.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I didn't vote for Cassetto, even though I had a great time with it the other day, because everyone in the GB will have it anyway. As I understood it people are looking for a little guidance on what to use their additional picks on.

I also don't own any of the synths that there are sound packs for, but given the general quality of the sounds in the products I tried out, I would assume they are a good choice for people who own the corresponding synths.

Does anyone know if there is any overlap between the Virus Kits and Multiverse Infekted (which is built from Virus samples)?

None whatsoever :)

Alright, last product-choosing question - there explicitly *is* overlap between Multiverse Classics and Homegrown Complete 2010, but there's definitely some distinctions too. As I understand it, for Multiverse classics:

- Samples are compressed (.ncw)
- Presets are for Multiverse/Kosmology (so more complicated logic/engine integration)

For Homegrown Complete 2010:
- Samples are uncompressed (.wav)
- Presets are more straightforward (simple Kontakt instruments)
- Other stuff is included (various loops/grooves)

One downside of getting both is potentially downloading all the samples twice in two different formats - if there was a way to get both instruments pointed at the same samples (be they .ncw or .wav) that'd be nice. I also am a little unclear what exactly Homegrown Complete has beyond Classics, how much of the 12gb is this different content.

Thanks!

Any verdict on Complete versus Classics?

If you get both you do not have to re-download the 8 releases that are included in classics if you don't want to as they are all individual downloads. HG Complete contains all of the loop libraries I've released as well and so has plenty of value even without those 8 :)

Hi,

First off, my apologies, as I'm pretty sure I'm posting this in the wrong place..but there doesn't seem to be a thread that fits..or if there is, then I've missed it..sorry.

Basically, I tried contacting you last week, via the email form on the main site and it said my message had been sent successfully, but I haven't heard anything back from you yet.

I was contacting you in regards to a recent email you sent out about the current group buy and I was looking for detail regarding the same..mainly what exactly are the benefits of being part of the group buy? I'm seriously thinking of buying Airwaves, but I don't know if that's part of the buy or not..should I just buy that by itself..or is it included in the group buy?

Apologies again, this time for my ignorance, as I'm guessing you must have gone over all of this already at some point..but I must have missed that, too..fo one reason or another. I hope you won't mind taking the time to go into it all again briefly for me here. :tu:
Ambient Mechanics

Hi Solaris,

I did reply to your email, can you check in your junk/spam folder?

AirWaves is completely different Motion because AirWaves uses Radio Signals to create collages/soundscapes that are pretty much atmospheric compared to Musical. The Motion Group buy final bonus uses more or less the same scripted instrument that AirWaves uses but uses Motions Waveforms which are very musical and so can be played like a regular instrument with predictable results. I would say that they are about as far apart in sound as they possibly can be :)

Thanks for the reply..much appreciated. :wink:

Sorry..haven't checked the spam folder..I use Gmail and get it to forward mails to my desktop, so it could very well have got stuck in my Gmail account..will check as soon as I post this.

By the sounds of it, I might very well be interested in both, based on what you said here. I understood they are different from what I read on your site..I just wasn't sure what was being offered in the group buy..so thanks for clarifying that for me.

Ambient Mechanics

Hi again, Andy..

Yep..you're email was caught in my Gmail spam folder..don't know why that is, as I usually get emails from you direct to my desktop..guess I'll have to take a look at the filters in place..or add a new on at least.

Regarding the details you sent, thanks for those..you more than made clear just what's what and have helped clear up any confusion I originally had.

Thanks again for taking the time to help with this.

Dan
Ambient Mechanics

No Problem :)

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”