Calculus Kosmology and multiverse crashes in my stanalone Kontakt 5.6

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

First, I am running standalone Kontakt 5.6 on a windows 10 computer. I am currently upgrading all my homegrown sound files with Cassetto bootlegs and the ones I have done so far are the Claasics, Vintage, and Calculus sound libraries. All was going fine until I got to the Calculus files.

Seems all works fine until I get to the Calculus Kosmology and multiverse sections(note: Calculue Cassetto bootleg works fine). Once loaded, any fast playing or turning on the hold causes the voices to increase and they dont reset back to zero after stopping play on the keyboard. Cant reset and seems to lock up at that time. Have to close Kontakt and start again. Doesnt take long for it to lock up.

Tried restarting the computer, with little success. I tried increasing/decreasing max voices, and still kontakt locks up.

Dont seem to get the same thing with the Classics, and Vintage, or any of the Cassetto bootlegs/full version of Cassetto performing the same thing.

Will experiment more tomorrow. Also None of my other sound libraries have given me any problems like this so far, knock on wood.

I see some others are having problems with kontakt 5.6. Note: Also I have recently bumped up from Kontakt 5.5.1 to 5.6 version.

take care,

Dave

Update on Crashes with Calculus. I read through the other related post.

I did the instructions that Astrip mentioned in post about crashes with Kontakt 5.6 and cubebase.

I went into editing the instrument
selected Instrument options.
I then selected DFD option
I then turned off - allowing instant playback for samples which are not loaded yet
Closed editing.

Then I went back to playing the instrument. In my 5 minutes of playing changing instruments in browser, I had no crashes. The voices count always reset back to 0 after playing.

If anything happens-crashes, I will update again.

So far so good. Thanks to Astrip. Not quite sure what that option actually does, but turing it off helps.

take care,

Dave

Update, I just fininshed working on some projects in Kontakt ver 5.6.0 and now have bumped up to Kontakt ver 5.6.5.

Running Kosmology Calculus and during certain times on the keyboard read below:

Seems the same problems occur while playing the keyboard and the voices will not reset back to 0 when my keyboard playing has stopped -- only thing that can be done is to close out Kontakt and start over again.
So problem is still there. Doing the mentioned DFD changes it works fine-voices reset correctly.

Andy came out with new revisions for Kosmology libraries for Kontakt which have not downloaded yet, so will give them a test and see if the libraries work better with Kontakt 5.6.5 without doing DFD changes.

Anyway, just thought I would pass this along.

tale care.

Dave

Sorry I haven't replied Dave, somehow this didn't come through until this last post on my rss feed. If you have already disabled the load voices and saved the nki's you can just grab the resources update. But I highly recommend everyone re-downloads the full thing as of last weekend, I have reorganised the file structure so that it is easier to extract them all to a single folder and all instruments will then be in the Instruments folder and have access to all presets. Hopefully the update will solve any problems, so far it is looking great from reports I've had back, but do let me know if things still aren't working correctly :)

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”