Vortex Feature Requests

Official support for: hgsounds.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fx Bypass for the drums and bass (for example), although i assume that's what direct out is for? It would be great to be able to bypass the delay and modulations on some of the tracks though but then it would be great to have some fx on some channels such as drive on the drums.
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Como -> I'll try and get that implemented today :) Almost have the pitch octave working.

musikmachine wrote:Fx Bypass for the drums and bass (for example), although i assume that's what direct out is for? It would be great to be able to bypass the delay and modulations on some of the tracks though but then it would be great to have some fx on some channels such as drive on the drums.
Hmm yep that's tricky, direct out is for that really. The trouble is that TerraNova is a Serial FX engine and so is an all or nothing thing. I think this would be in the fabled deluxe version really, adding individual FX sends would add a lot of processing + more complexity. I sort of like the simplicity of it at the moment. It would be good to do the deluxe version so that people could grow into it, and make that one much more advanced. I will mull it over though!

Astralp wrote:
musikmachine wrote:Fx Bypass for the drums and bass (for example), although i assume that's what direct out is for? It would be great to be able to bypass the delay and modulations on some of the tracks though but then it would be great to have some fx on some channels such as drive on the drums.
Hmm yep that's tricky, direct out is for that really. The trouble is that TerraNova is a Serial FX engine and so is an all or nothing thing. I think this would be in the fabled deluxe version really, adding individual FX sends would add a lot of processing + more complexity. I sort of like the simplicity of it at the moment. It would be good to do the deluxe version so that people could grow into it, and make that one much more advanced. I will mull it over though!
I don't work for Novation. Really, I don't!

But the routing is addressable with Automap on a channel by channel basis. I can assign routing to an encoder on a channel by channel basis (in beta 22) and change the output routing in real time. If I wanted to get fancy, I could set up buttons to step through the routing or even set up a bank of buttons to immediately specify which output I wanted to immediately select.

So instead of bypass, just switch to another output that is not using the fx buss.

Now imagine that some of those other output channels from Vortex were 'dry' and others went through FX bussess in my daw. Are you getting the picture?

Como
Last edited by como baila on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

I love my X-station :) You did mention Novation..

Andy,

What is the chance of having the option, on the instrument at once as a whole or on individual sequences of additional time signatures?

I would love to see at least Waltz time and also 1/8 and 1/16 triplets for 'old time' music, i.e., reels, jigs, country western, western swing, etc.

Como

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

I'm happy with Vortex so far. Seeing my eyesight isn't real great even with a 19"
monitor, is it possible to have the gui full screen?

I was thinking about a larger gui since i started using it but i think this woulds mean a rewrite of the code? But a big +1, iy would also allow for longer than two bar sequences to be visible. Or will this be the sort of thing that makes it into the deluxe version?

My FR is polyphonic sequencing for layering drum hits amd chords but iirc this was already requested? Of course i could assign each hit or note to a different midi channel then the sequence them in multi mode but polyphonic would be most appreciated, thankee. :D

I was thinking about a larger gui since i started using it but i think this woulds mean a rewrite of the code? But a big +1, iy would also allow for longer than two bar sequences to be visible. Or will this be the sort of thing that makes it into the deluxe version?
Yes this would be a big job and resizable is tricky to achieve currently..
My FR is polyphonic sequencing for layering drum hits amd chords but iirc this was already requested? Of course i could assign each hit or note to a different midi channel then the sequence them in multi mode but polyphonic would be most appreciated, thankee. :D
It won't be multiple notes on the same sequence but a series of sub sequences (probably 4) that can be used in various modes including polyphonic. I wouldn't want to display 2 bars at once, I want to keep the simplicity of the current design, if another bar was squashed in there it would be difficult to use, and I'd rather have vertically stacked sequences than a scroll bar, especially as the sub sequences will be used in different ways, chaining together will just be one mode out of a few, and would be the only one where a scroll bar would make sense. Hope that makes sense!

At it's heart Vortex is made up of 32 step mono sequencers, and that won't change I shouldn't think. The stuff I have planned for the sub sequences will be much more versatile than just polyphony anyhow :)

Sounds good! I like the gui as it is but longer sequences would be great. So will it be possible to chain sequences together to create more complex and varied arrangements?

My FR for the day is a midi record mode; a simple built in record button could be armed like the audio recorder but for the step sequencer for inputting drum hits and recording melodies. Cheers!

musikmachine wrote:Sounds good! I like the gui as it is but longer sequences would be great. So will it be possible to chain sequences together to create more complex and varied arrangements?
Yes, you will be able to choose on the sequence level, so that one sequence could be 128 steps, another could be 4 note polyphonic over 32 steps, another could be duophonic over 64 steps, another could be CC controlled where a cc will decide which sequence is playing currently, so can be changed on the fly etc.. etc...
My FR for the day is a midi record mode; a simple built in record button could be armed like the audio recorder but for the step sequencer for inputting drum hits and recording melodies. Cheers!
You do pick the hardest FRs!! It's a big job and I have thought about it, the complex bit is that the sequencers don't actually relate to pitches as such, so it would have to be a 2 octave range from C to C. Secondly it would mean disabling all other midi input which is used for triggering sequences etc... I can see a minefield of hanging notes with this one if sequences are running and then midi record is enabled... see what I mean? It needs some thought, the potential for chaos is enormous...

Come on TJ, request something easy, I know you can do it :)

:hihi: Ok here's my latest, prob already requested but save and reload of individual patterns and a default empty preset with all midi channels disabled for midi sequencing multitimbral instruments and drum samplers/synths etc. Or am i being a lazy ass? :oops:

I think it would be good to start with a blank slate to work through all the features for someone new to Vortex as well. Cheers.

musikmachine wrote::hihi: Ok here's my latest, prob already requested but save and reload of individual patterns and a default empty preset with all midi channels disabled for midi sequencing multitimbral instruments and drum samplers/synths etc. Or am i being a lazy ass? :oops:

I think it would be good to start with a blank slate to work through all the features for someone new to Vortex as well. Cheers.
Import/Export of sequence/sequence set is coming in v1.1

Blank Slate can be achieved via the green button next to the keyboard which sets everything to default :) Albeit you do then have to disable the internal synth engine on the mixer page by clicking the first button and then the set all button..

I can make a mid fxb though, no problem! I am planning to make a default bank as well.

Three requests for the 'road map.'

1. On the Synth page, individual channel activation for the After Touch. I'f I'm looping some drums, I really don't want the tone to change like it does when after touch is on ... but I'd still like after touch for other voices.

2. Like Stylus RMX, additional Retrigger to come in on the next 1/4 or 1/2 beat, or full bar, in addition to the available triggers.

3. On the Advanced Page, I'd like an additional keyboard to bypass pitch on the C3 octave. Why, if we already have a pitch by pass tab on the sequence page? Well, then I could keep a drum beat, say a stock kick and snare pattern, constant on the sequence on that octave. But if I played it on a higher octave, I could use the repitch keys to play around with the voices while keeping the pattern. In other words, I want to have my kick and eat it too!

Como

como baila wrote:Three requests for the 'road map.'
1. On the Synth page, individual channel activation for the After Touch. I'f I'm looping some drums, I really don't want the tone to change like it does when after touch is on ... but I'd still like after touch for other voices.
Switch it off on the Midi Mixer :)
2. Like Stylus RMX, additional Retrigger to come in on the next 1/4 or 1/2 beat, or full bar, in addition to the available triggers.
I plan to have plenty more triggers, plus a step knob
3. On the Advanced Page, I'd like an additional keyboard to bypass pitch on the C3 octave. Why, if we already have a pitch by pass tab on the sequence page? Well, then I could keep a drum beat, say a stock kick and snare pattern, constant on the sequence on that octave. But if I played it on a higher octave, I could use the repitch keys to play around with the voices while keeping the pattern. In other words, I want to have my kick and eat it too!
Noted :)

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”