ARP: Muters. Can you adjust the amount of mute?

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Using the muters appears to reduce the velocity by about 50%.

Is this reduction/ ratio only fixed, or adjustable somewhere?

Como
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

The Muters decide whether only active notes play, in earlier versions of ARP there was no double click add/remove note, but now it is the same as Vortex. Switching muters off will play all 32 steps, On will only play active/visible steps. You can use the VOL row to do what you describe though, set the level with the Vol knob :)

Thanks! Got it now.

Of course they are 'muters' not 'pianissimos!' Since all the things I tried had the 'mutered' notes coming through faintly, I missed the obvious.

But this raises really interesting possibilities, like automating the Vol knob and making certain notes in the sequence change velocity while others remain constant. Sort of 'Won't Be Fooled Again' arping like the Who.

Como
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Haha, yep the VOL knob was instead of an accent, so it opens up many more possibilities in that area. At some point in both Vortex and ARP I plan to have some LFOs reserved for non- midi stuff like the VOL knob.

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”