Trigger Arp Sequencer externally.

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to enable/trigger the arp sequencer in ARP 1.7. You can do it from the inbuilt keyboard on top of the gui. I find it is too small for live use.

Is there a way to do this from an external keyboard or a virtual keyboard?

CC commands don't seem to work. Have been using Cantabile lite and Reaper.

Thanks.

Not sure I understand Mark, it's always played via an external keyboard, the internal one is just a quick preview keyboard for hands free when working on sequences etc... Does your midi keyboard not work with it?

It responds to midi Notes ON/OFF messages from any device. The only exception is that channel 16 is reserved for repitching the entire output, other than that you should be able to use any midi channel for the input :)

I have been using a virtual keyboard to try and trigger a sequence, no wonder it doesn't work.

Hooked up an external keyboard and it works as it should :oops:

Thanks for prodding me in the right direction.

The sequence doesn't stay on when a key is pressed, I have to press the hold button so the sequence stays on. That seems to apply for Vortex as well.

Oh Good :)

Yes, think of Arp as an instrument, although it has a sequencer onboard it is meant to be played as an instrument, you would record your midi in your host like any other instrument. Hold should only be used when playing live, it could cause alsorts of chaos if you recorded midi with hold on :)

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”