ARP VSTi updated to v1.7

Official support for: hgsounds.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Astralp wrote:As for presets, they seem a bit pointless I think, the randomize options make it easy to generate a preset instantly, and using the custom scales the notes are already in the correct key.
You are right. However, I still claim Catanya's browser is well done, but ARP and Catanya base on different philosophy.
Astralp wrote:Vortex is almost finished, I'm just working on the multi-Sequencer at the moment, all the step sequencers are finished and appear to be bug free. It is very sophisticated, has 2 CC sequencers per Sequencer with different modes such as envelope modes, there are different TIE modes too such as legato, and the beauty is that all sequencers are completely independent. I'm hoping to release it on Thursday if all goes to plan :)
I wait impatiently for Thursday...
Vortex...
and his price :hihi:

Best regards,
Janusz
Computer: rack PC, Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 2700K, 16 GB RAM, 250 GB & 500 GB SSD disks, HDD 1 TB 7200 RPM
DAW: Studio One 3 Pro, FL Studio Producer 20, Bitwig 2
Hardware: Yamaha 01X + 2 x Yamaha i88X, Nektar Panorama P4, Behringer BCR2000,

Astralp wrote: I haven't stopped developing ARP, and feature requests are still welcome, I can add more Omnichorder notes for sure :) There is an ARP release coming soon, but I want to add the triggers if there are enough CCs left (I sort of used most of them, may have to use NRPNs.
Feature request: Midi export, like saving the midi data to a file (drag/drop to host would be even better) :)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Vortex is here as a public beta, I've decided to take ezelkow1's advice and I'm now going to add a sound engine so that it can be used instead of external midi, hopefully won't take too long, I've already made progress on the instruments front, however I will have to code something for drum samples which could take a bit longer!

Vortex Page
KVR Thread

Please Vortex related stuff on the above thread, looking forward to hearing some feedback )

Andy

Nielzie wrote:
Astralp wrote: I haven't stopped developing ARP, and feature requests are still welcome, I can add more Omnichorder notes for sure :) There is an ARP release coming soon, but I want to add the triggers if there are enough CCs left (I sort of used most of them, may have to use NRPNs.
Feature request: Midi export, like saving the midi data to a file (drag/drop to host would be even better) :)
It's on my list of stuff to explore in the future, you can record the output to a midi track in the meantime though :)

Hi Andy ... I'm a new comer swept in on the Vortex wave!

Anyway, I've been demoing ARP and I don't know why I didn't look at it more closely before.

I would recommend that you update the grid to have musical scale lines as you've placed in the latest Vortex beta. That makes things really easy to work on!

Also, 2 quick questions.

Reading the manual I think I understand that the middle octave root in the GUI/ Sequencer reflects the actual midi note input, e.g., play C2/ 48 and that is the note modulated in the Arp.

But what about when in sequence mode? If you set the scale to 'off' and play C2/ 48, I think you are getting getting the pattern, i.e., notes in the grid, with reference to the octave/ roots, in key of C.

If you press C2#/ 49 with that notes scale also off, are the grid notes now following the musical intervals of C# with the three root octave intervals, i.e., bottom, middle and top, now C#? (I guess I could record this out and see ... but, a brief answer would be appreciated! :) )

Also, when using polyphonic mode, are the triggered notes locked to always start at the first step of the sequence, or do they just 'lock' to the nearest passing step at the time they are initiated?

Como
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Yep, ARP is a bit different to Vortex in that as you describe the root note is always the note played. Instead of having 12 sequences as in Vortex, ARP has the same sequence but transposed, and you can then use the scale re-mapper to alter the output of that particular note.

In poly mode, it allows triggering the sequences simultaneously so that you can build up complex patterns. The sequence start is always the first note of the sequence as far as i remember, my head is full of Vortex at the moment :)

ARP will be revisited once I've finished Vortex and I'll be backporting some of the more useful stuff.

Astralp wrote:... ARP has the same sequence but transposed, and you can then use the scale re-mapper to alter the output of that particular note.
I'm still a bit confused. It seem like when you say "particular note," you are referring to the note in the grid, as opposed to the midi input note? I thought when I was triggering the Arp demo with a midi file using the sequence mode, I could see the midi input to the scale mapper in conjunction with the actual midi input note, e.g., if I played 'D/ 50,' then the light when on in the 3rd scale over in the scale pane.

Actually, I was thinking that the sequencer was always producing in 'C' and I'd have to transpose the output later if I wanted to use another key.

I guess I'll just have to do a little midi recording and straighten myself out!

Como

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Oh Dear, I'll try again :)

It basically works like any other ARP You've used so the pressed Key sets of either an Arp or Note sequence where the pressed key is the root. So pressing D will play the sequence with D as the root, E will transpose the whole thing up 2 semitones. The lights at the top allow you to basically choose a scale to remap that sequence. So it is always playing the same sequence with every key pressed but transposed the pressed keys pitch, and then a scale can be applied so that D for instance could be squashed to Minor, and then E to Augmented. The idea was to break away from the usual transposed sequence that you always get with note sequencers.

Any clearer? :)

I think I got it! Forgetting octaves, any key I press of the 12 semitones will play that note as the root.

Using the scales I can transpose, so I could put a natural minor on C# and transpose it down a semitone to play the sequence in C minor.

I other words, the incoming midi note first goes through the scales, each locked to the respective actual midi note, before it is processed by the sequencer ... in which case you should have put the scales on the left side of the GUI for the conceptually challenged such as myself! :roll:

Como

haha Nearly! But it is the other way around:

Incoming midi note -> Sequence plays with that key as the root -> Scale (and other stuff) is applied in real-time :)

I take back what I said ... scales definitely belong on the right side!

Thanks, ... maybe ... my head is spinning with the mind-boggling possibilities.

Como

haha enjoy, ARP is great fun :)

Last edited by como baila on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Astralp wrote:ARP is great fun :)
It is for sure! :tu:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”