ARP VSTi updated to v1.7

Official support for: hgsounds.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ARP VSTi Page

V1.7
  • * New Sequencer GUI - A purpose built interface has replaced the old sliders on the main sequencer.
    • * Muters - This row has now been integrated into the main Sequencer Display so that when muters are enabled only playing notes are visible. Clicking on a disabled slot will add a note and double clicking will remove an existing note.

* Velocity - The velocity Sequencer from the modulation Page is now overlayed on the main Sequencer Display when it is enabled. Clicking right side of the step will allow editing the value, or alternatively holding CTRL will override note editing so that only velocities are edited. The old Velocity Sequencer is still available for people who still want to use it. The Enable button has also been duplicated to the main screen.

* Ties - When a Tie is in effect, the note will be turn green so that they can easily be seen.
    * Custom Scales - A new section is now available on the Scale Remapper which allows editing of 12 custom scales. These can either be selected via any of the Scale Menus, or alternatively there is a 'Use All' button which will instantly load Custom Scales 1-12 to the corresponding menus. When using the latter method it is then possible to have total control over all scales for each note and so they can be edited on the fly. The Use All button has also been duplicated on the main screen at the top of the Scales column.

* Studio One - Fixed a crash which happened at startup with some users of Studio One.

Hi Astralp, I would like to make a donation!

gradually transformed the arp you a product key to production, this market should be explored because there is no good options.

Hi Plauto

Thankyou :) Yes it's come a long way since the initial release, I've also just added 1000+ scales to the custom scales which are available via randomize by CTRL clicking a custom scale. This will be in the next update probably next week now.

Donations are gratefully accepted, I've just set it up on the site here:

Donate

I can donate more as an incentive for you to turn the arp a single product and unbeatable, congratulations and keep up the good work.

Thanks Plauto :)

If you have any ideas for ARP let me know.

I'm at a stage now where I want to build a polyphonic sequencer, I can't really do it with ARP due to the architecture which is built as a single note sequencer, it would be much easier to just build a new plugin. My initial ideas so far:

* 12 independent polyphonic sequences with a 4 octave range
* Each sequence is triggered by a midi note in the same was as with ARP
* Two higher Octaves will change the pitch of all sequences (if pitch change is switched on for that sequence).
* Each sequencer will have a series of assignable strips for CCs etc...
* Optional Independent Midi Channel per sequencer
* Master Sequence of Sequences

Build it...and they will come! :D
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

Well I'm actually on the virge of releasing a new plugin which is along these lines, but actually takes the step sequencer from ARP and makes it multi-timbral with 12 individual sequencers, a 16 channel midi manager and multi-sequence mode which allows assigning any combination of the 12 sequences to a single key (24 available) each having 2 pitch transposers.

The best feature however is a bunch of real time triggers via CC messages that can reverse, stutter, restart, half tempo, double tempo etc, which makes the whole thing lots of fun! Should be released this week I hope, I've been holed away working on it solidly for the last month :)

It's called Vortex.

Hello,

I try find good arpeggiator/step sequencer and I've begun to test 7Aliens Catanya recently. However, today I found ARP. Your plug-in is most advanced, and allows on manipulate CCs, scales, etc. So ARP is my favorite. But in Catanya I like more two things:

1. Nicest and GUI, but ARP has more functions to manipulate, so I think this is hard "pack" all controls to one, small plug-in window.

2. Catanya has excellent preset browser managed by categories, that is, "Bank", "Style", "Play mode", "Instrument", "Tempo". They also included to +1100 presets to his plug-in. What do you think about adding similar solution (and more presets :D) to ARP?

BTW:
Excuse me my poor English.

Best regards,
Janusz
Last edited by Janusz Grzybek on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Computer: rack PC, Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 2700K, 16 GB RAM, 250 GB & 500 GB SSD disks, HDD 1 TB 7200 RPM
DAW: Studio One 3 Pro, FL Studio Producer 20, Bitwig 2
Hardware: Yamaha 01X + 2 x Yamaha i88X, Nektar Panorama P4, Behringer BCR2000,

Astralp wrote:Thanks Plauto :)

If you have any ideas for ARP let me know.

I'm at a stage now where I want to build a polyphonic sequencer, I can't really do it with ARP due to the architecture which is built as a single note sequencer, it would be much easier to just build a new plugin. My initial ideas so far:

* 12 independent polyphonic sequences with a 4 octave range
* Each sequence is triggered by a midi note in the same was as with ARP
* Two higher Octaves will change the pitch of all sequences (if pitch change is switched on for that sequence).
* Each sequencer will have a series of assignable strips for CCs etc...
* Optional Independent Midi Channel per sequencer
* Master Sequence of Sequences
Fantastic :D . However, I think developing of this could take lot of work and time.

Janusz
Computer: rack PC, Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 2700K, 16 GB RAM, 250 GB & 500 GB SSD disks, HDD 1 TB 7200 RPM
DAW: Studio One 3 Pro, FL Studio Producer 20, Bitwig 2
Hardware: Yamaha 01X + 2 x Yamaha i88X, Nektar Panorama P4, Behringer BCR2000,

Can you give it a better name than ARP. That name is already taken by other things.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Janusz

Yes, ARP has grown very complex, it is difficult to condense, the thing is it began as a simple ARP and step sequencer and has much post development, and so adding so many features means it grows in size. Vortex is organized well, it is built from the ground up to be user friendly and expands the step sequencer side of ARP. I initially began developing it as part of ARP but it became clear that it would make it too complex, and the codebase would have been difficult to maintain.

As for presets, they seem a bit pointless I think, the randomize options make it easy to generate a preset instantly, and using the custom scales the notes are already in the correct key.

Vortex is another which is tricky with presets, because it is a multi-timbral midi device, there is no way that a preset will sound the same on any system as everyone will controller different midi gear. I have added a marker to the mixer though so that channels can be marked as drums or instrument :)

Vortex is almost finished, I'm just working on the multi-Sequencer at the moment, all the step sequencers are finished and appear to be bug free. It is very sophisticated, has 2 CC sequencers per Sequencer with different modes such as envelope modes, there are different TIE modes too such as legato, and the beauty is that all sequencers are completely independent. I'm hoping to release it on Thursday if all goes to plan :)

HunterKiller - I know, it used to be an ARP but developed more into a step sequencer after it was released, I might rename it, I have thought about it :)

Just a suggestion on vortex. It sounds sort of similar to thesys, except more advanced. Since its multi-timbral and some routing will have to be involved you might want to try something thats similar to thesys and have the option of a very basic synth for each sequence, few basic waveforms with a filter and an env or two. That way a user wouldnt have to go hooking everything up and can get a general idea of what the sequence might sound like before hand.

Need any help with last minute testing Andy? :D

Arp is great as it is but i hope there won't be too much overlap. I was gonna request more notes in the omnichorder. Oh, and a 64bit version. Will Vortex be 64bit?
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

That's a good idea! I did think about creating a seperate VST to go along with it which you would put after Vortex in the VST Chain, although that isn't quite the same it would mean that Vortex remains CPU lightweight and not have the memory overhead that 12 synths would cause, plus you could just remove the synth plug to replace with your own and the sequences would be intact.

I'll think on it, but won't be part of the initial release, I need to get it out first :)

I'm looking forward to the ideas that come up after release, there is much potential with this system.

Hi MM

I don't think there is an overlap, they are quite different beasts really, you'll see what I mean, there are things that ARP can do that aren't in the vortex universe, Omnichorder being one of them. Vortex is a bit different in the editing department as at some point soon the step sequencers will become polyphonic, so it may take ARP users a little while to adapt to the way notes are edited, basically you have to drag them now instead of a click will place it at the click point, but the good thing about it is that steps can be dragged to a different slot too and the destination step will be swapped.

I haven't stopped developing ARP, and feature requests are still welcome, I can add more Omnichorder notes for sure :) There is an ARP release coming soon, but I want to add the triggers if there are enough CCs left (I sort of used most of them, may have to use NRPNs.

64-bit isn't coming soon, SE still isn't 64-bit and whilst I'm tied to it I'm stuck unfortunately. I'm hoping (as ever) that I can enough sales coming in to start developing native plugins this year, so that they will be cross-platform and 64-bit. I'd like to do this with all the midi base plugs I've developed, but time is always governed by a constant financial crisis that is my life :)

I'll let you know if I need testing thanks, I'm not quite there yet, but maybe by tomorrow :) I've been rigorously testing the main step sequencer code for the last few weeks and I seem to have squashed all the bugs, although other peoples systems usually tend to bring up the odd thing as you know!

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”