Yes for PC (64-bit)
25%
No
No votes

Total votes: 8

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

I get quite a few emails from people asking me if I plan to develop for the MAC, and I would love to. I did have a play around last year and developed Soundscaper AU, but I wasn't very happy using the SDK. I came to the conclusion that the only way forward was to get a JUCE license which is an expensive layout upfront, but after playing around with it, it is an ideal solution for both cross-platform and 64-bit plugins.

So I've reached a point where I think that ARP would be an ideal starting point for development using JUCE, as the code is pretty much cross-platform already and it isn't an enormous project time-wise. My idea was to come up with some sort of way of getting enough people that want to buy it to cover the JUCE license fee (at the very least a single product license), which in reality is the only way it is feasible for me.

So I am initially setting up this poll to gauge interest in ARP for either MACs or also PC 64-bit. Hopefully there will be some interest. I'm not sure how to go about the money side of things, I first thought of a pledge site but I haven't found one that deals with software, I suppose the other way would be something along the lines of a group buy. The current cost of ARP is $35 (although it still has an introductory price of $20 until monday).

Anyhow any feedback, suggestions are welcome and please take part in the poll :)

ARP Information

Incidentally another reason for choosing ARP is that it has universal appeal, can be used with anything with a midi input (hardware or software) as long as the host can route it.

Andy

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”