Great plugins and a few thoughts on ARP

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been looking for a really good arp plugin for ages and jumped at the chance to demo ARP when I saw it in your newsletter. I was so impressed by it (and the very low prices on your website) that I've ended up buying ARP, Black Magic, Ammonite and Introjector! Every one of them is absolutely superb and in heavy use in Reaper on my laptop at the moment.
I've been using program changes to switch between patterns with ARP and I've found that the changes are passed on to the synth that comes after ARP in the fx chain - switching the preset. I've inserted a MIDI blocking plugin after ARP to filter out the Prog changes and this has solved the problem but it had occurred to me that it might be quite useful to have an option in ARP to either send these messages thru or block them depending on the effect you wish to produce.
I've also tried messing about with putting a note to CC conversion plugin after ARP - it can make a hell of a modulation source. Another option for any possble future updates?
Lastly I'd really love to see a tie option on the sequencer steps for those classic bass synth slides.
Most of all, though, I'd like to thank you for some truly great sounding plugins at ridiculously low prices.

I replied to this a few days ago but it seems to have gone wrong as my text is not here..

Oh well, thanks for the great feedback, really pleased you are enjoying everything :)

I'm just working on an ARP update now, I'll add the prog change block and a cc converter which are both great ideas! The tie option will require some more work, although I may be able to add a tie mode to latch in the meantime, I'll have a play around with it today, but I will implement a tie by step at some point.

Thanks again for the great feedback, always nice to hear :)

Andy

This is totally brilliant news - thank you! By the way, my newfound HG addiction continues - I've just added HG Piano and HG Sitar to my collection.

Haha! I noticed, many thanks! So far the CC stuff is in with a few modes & prog blocker is in.

Nice one. Can't wait to try it out!

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”