arp no output issue

Official support for: hgsounds.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

was demoing arp in ableton live 8.2.6 and it worked once, but whenever I tried it again I just get no midi output from it. Just to make sure I wasnt going insane I tried kirnu with the exact same setup and could still get midi output from that. I even tried overwriting the vst after re-downloading and it still had the same issue. So I didnt know if this was a known thing or something I could be doing wrong

Have also restarted both the plugin and ableton of course, its like its stuck in a permanent timed out mode

I'm not sure why it should do that, the timeout happens after 15 minutes of loading and you would see the splash screen.

Is the midi indicator and poly display lighting up when you play a key on your keyboard?

No I dont see anything lighting up on it. I do see the ableton midi light blinking though, so its receiving the keyboard midi, but nothing in ARP

Just tested in FL10 and I could see arp lighting up in there, however, I then tried putting it into a patcher session since Im not too familiar with FL midi routing. Once I put it in there and wired it up to a synth, I no longer saw arp lighting up anymore
Last edited by ezelkow1 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm not familiar with Live, but are you certain you have midi input routed to the plugin? Also are you using v1.1?

A good test would be to use cantabile lite which is a very simple signal path, there are instructions in the manual on how to set it up with it. By default when it loads it will be set to receive midi data, and you should see the poly display showing how many notes are held.

Yes its 1.1. And there is midi going to it since I can see in the midi input area on the ARP track in live that its receiving midi data. Found it odd that arp stopped working in FL as well once I tried wiring up its midi output to a synth in patcher, then again I also havent used it that much, mostly a Live person. Ill try it in the cantabile demo and see

Tried in the cantabile demo and I cant even get arp to load. It seems like the plugin scan crashes cantabile when it gets there, and then if I try to load it manually by selecting the dll, then cantabile crashes then as well

Blimey! Seems to be getting worse..

What OS are you using? I'm wondering if the files have been extracted correctly, on Vista and W7 if the VST plugin directory is in the Program Files structure programs can't write files. You will see a bunch of sems in the sub directory also called ARP if they have been extracted properly.

The other obvious thing is that if you can't see any buttons it means the graphics folder is missing.

Also when re-installing be sure to remove any other versions of it first, although I don't think that explains this behaviour.

I have to got to bed now, but if you want me to make a debug version to attempt to diagnose what's going on tomorrow, I'd be happy to.

Astralp wrote:Blimey! Seems to be getting worse..

What OS are you using? I'm wondering if the files have been extracted correctly, on Vista and W7 if the VST plugin directory is in the Program Files structure programs can't write files. You will see a bunch of sems in the sub directory also called ARP if they have been extracted properly.

The other obvious thing is that if you can't see any buttons it means the graphics folder is missing.

Also when re-installing be sure to remove any other versions of it first, although I don't think that explains this behaviour.

I have to got to bed now, but if you want me to make a debug version to attempt to diagnose what's going on tomorrow, I'd be happy to.
This is on win7x64, of course ableton is still 32bit though so no bridging or anything. I extracted it using 7zip and do see all the SEM's as well as graphics. I also just tried completely removing the previous one and re-extracting and that had the same issue as well as extracting using the built in windows unzip.

As for a debug version its up to you, I was just demoing it, but I could help out with some logs if you want from a debug one

I'm seeing the same behaviour under Live 8.2.6 in Windows Vista. Other MIDI processing plugins work fine. There does seem to be a problem in Live.

Good to know Im not going insane :D

Im still willing to test a debug version if it helps resolve the live issue

yes i just bought arp, and i cant get it to work in ableton either.
-works in reaper but ableton is my prefered DAW at the moment

I've just released an update 2.21 which I think solves this problem, seems like Live requires dummy audio outputs for midi plugins to work, I've verified it working here anyway so please let me know if it's solved the problem for all of you :)

The demo has been updated too:

Download ARP Demo

Oh and don't forget to delete the old version too if not replacing it directly :)

great.. off to try it now! :)

it says v1.21 in my user area tho, is that still right?

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”