Astralis Orgone tuning

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm a newbie with softsynths so forgive my ignorance but when I am using it it seems like all the patches are not in tune. I have to use semi to back each patch to 37,500 so it plays in tune. Is this correct or am I missing something?
Frank Tornoe
Owner/Engineer Chasing Light Studio
chasinglightrecording.com

Hiya!

It sounds like the Microtuner is switched on for these patches. The Microtuner can radically change the pitch of the synth, and some presets use it. Is that the problem? Which version of Orgone are you using?

take care
Andy

Hi Andy, Thanks for getting back to me. I am using the full version and spent the past couple of days working with it.

I will check on the Microtuner tonight but in the meantime I have another question.

When you alter the patch, for example the patches tuning, and save it I noticed it creates an FXP file. What is that and how will it affect future uses of the modified patch.

Thanks
Frank Tornoe

FXP is the standard VST preset format, you can then reload it into Orgone at any time to restore to those settings. FXB is a bank which will save/restore all presets in one file :) Most, if not all hosts will save the patch data along with your song/session so there is no need to use them for general usage, only if you want to transfer the preset to another song or distribute it. Hope that helps!

take care
Andy

Thanks. I checked last night and in fact the microtuner was not on but the patches are not tuned to A440 when first opened. Now that I understand the FXP recall procedure it's not a big deal. Just a nuisance, especially when changing voices in a live situation.

Now another question. When the sequencers are used and notes are played is it possible to save those notes in the FXP? I notice the capture notes button - What does that do?
Frank Tornoe

hmmm, the 440 setting should only be active when the microtuner is switched on?

As for the sequencers, no, the notes are sent in from the host, they are played live, so to save notes, they would be stored in your project as midi data on a midi track which is played in realtime. The keyboard in Orgone is just for ease of previewing whilst working on patches, or displaying the current incoming midi data. Capture note button?

Sorry, it was capture keyboard. And the tuning is definitely off on many of the patches even with microtuner off. I assume this is the button to the right of each of the synths. It is dark (not active). Just as an example: Default is in tune. When I play A on the Orgone keyboard it corresponds to my tuner playing A. However the Heaven Patch (number 78) is not. Neither of them have the microtuner activated.
Frank Tornoe

I'm away at the moment, I'll check that out when I get back, I think it should be tied in with the MT. Yes both switches need to be dark for the MT to be off.

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”