BM Samples location

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HI,. I just installed v1.04 and I can't seem to get any kits or samples to load anymore. For starters could someone just post an example of the folder structure to see if I've screwed something up? I did not reinstall the samplse or anything other than the vst itself (and the multi-out versions)

I'm assuming that I don't have to put them in the C: root which another thread seemed to indicate?

I have several different folders now too with duplicate prefix #s in the samples directory.. is the numbering at all important for correct funtioning? ? It seems that each person who makes a collection of samples puts their own number which may duplicate the numbers already in place by someone else. It looks a little confused and seems to me like there should be a USER folder with subfolders inside or something like that.

ie
28-Roland Tr-505 kit
28-707 kit

Thanks

HI Chester

well the place to look is in the text file located on C:\ root:

C:\HGSounds_Black_Magic.txt

Black Magic looks at this file to get the base location of the folder which holds all the samples/kits and recordings and will contain this as the default:

D:\HGSounds\

So the top line should point to the folder which contains the following folders:

Black Magic Kits/
Black magic Recordings/
Drum Samples/

Soo Black magic will the expect the kit files in Black Magic Kits and the Samples in Drum Samples.

You can always re-install the main samples which should correct any problems, but you can quickly check that the location is correct from the above info.

To add the user submitted addon Roland kits/samples you have to extract the sample folders to the drum samples folder and the Kits folder to the Black Magic Kits folder.

The names of the folders must be the same for the kits to work, but the samples will be visible in Black Magic even if they are not.

all make sense?

take care
Andy

Incidentally Black Magic Lite is different, because it comes with only a pre-defined selection of samples, the whole archive is just extracted to the VST Plugin folder. I know that's not relevant to you but just in case someone comes looking for that related issue !

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”