Questions & requests about Black Magic and Introjector

Official support for: hgsounds.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Astralp wrote:I am thinking of maybe using my own file based patch system instead of the VST architecture in the future, but for BM I doubt it now.
Can you explain what will be the benefits of your own file based patch system? Thanks :)

Well it would give me more control and could use much less SE and more code, it would improve things like patch changing, easy organising of patches as they will just be files on the hard disk in folders, same as kits in BM, plus internal load and save and patch names displayed inline. Its all theoretical as yet though, I'm sure there will be lots of problems I haven't thought about :)

One more question/request. Will there be more samplepacks/kits/presets available for Black Magic to download from your website in the future? I know BM comes already with lots of them, but most are very percussion and triphop oriented so I'm missing a little bit more "house/trance" oriented samples, kits and presets :) Maybe some "standard" 909 or 808 like kits or something like that would be great.

I know I can load my own samples, but I'm a bit lazy to do the manual search/download/group/loading and stuff lol :lol:

I will bear it in mind, but I have so much on before I could venture there, I could maybe try and find someone to do that, anyone interested?

Plus I'm not the right person to do trance type kits as I don't listen to that type of stuff beyond the odd bit of Orbital :o

Astralp wrote:I will bear it in mind, but I have so much on before I could venture there, I could maybe try and find someone to do that, anyone interested?

Plus I'm not the right person to do trance type kits as I don't listen to that type of stuff beyond the odd bit of Orbital :o
Nevermind Andy, I had some free time and got of my lazy ass today to do it myself :shock: I made some nice kits of 12 vintage drum machines from Roland and Yamaha (and yes Orbital used them too) Maybe someone else wants them too? Is it possible to put them for download on your website Andy?

These are sample kits of the Roland R-5, R-8, TR-505, TR-606, TR-707, TR-808, TR-909 and Yamaha RX-5, RX-11, RX-21, RY-10, RY-30

So lot's of samples. I compressed it to a 25 megabyte file and have put it on Rapidshare. I'll PM you the link.

No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Me wants them. Thanks. :)

Fantastic ! I'll add them later on !

Andy

Andy, is there any way to mute a sample loaded into Introjector? I played with the last release and felt the need to silence a sample being played. I confess I'm quite confused by how to tune Introjector but it makes wonderful... sounds. :)

jensa wrote:Andy, is there any way to mute a sample loaded into Introjector? I played with the last release and felt the need to silence a sample being played. I confess I'm quite confused by how to tune Introjector but it makes wonderful... sounds. :)
Hmm no there isn't, good idea, I'll do that today.

Andy

Note to self: Maybe I should ask Andy to add 'Master Width' to the Midi CC Numbers list... or maybe I should wait until he finishes Introjector. Yeah, sounds like a better idea. Don't disturb the genius at work.

;)

lol - I've added it to the list. I don't go overboard with CCs anymore, I used to but I most controllers now use VST automation, but I will certainly add any that are required, its an easy task :)

I'll do it for the next update, so I'll wait a while before an official release as I'm sure other stuff will come up, but if you want it desperately I can do bake for you.

I'm in 100% no hurry. I'm soon out of thanks, man... sigh. :)

hehe- I've just implemented the sample ON/OFF switches and it is really good to suddenly have some gaps, good idea !

Ah. Thanks. Did I mention buttons for playing the samples reverse in Introjector? :)

I guess I owe you a few 1000 bucks right now for getting my wishes fulfilled. Ha ha. :D

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”