Questions & requests about Black Magic and Introjector

Official support for: hgsounds.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Astralp wrote:
jensa wrote:Or maybe could you do it Click + Shift / Ctrl or Alt?
Well at the moment ctrl and shift do different levels of fine control. The other problem is the way the knob code works which is all about degrees of movement as opposed to x,y clicking so it would take rewriting the way the knob works which I haven't got time to do right now but possibly in the future. I will have a look at the code and see how much work it will involve though... Would take me much less time to just add a bank of sliders somewhere?
Andy
Thanks Andy, I really appreciate your long answers. Excellent pre/present/post-customer suppport. :)

Regarding the sliders, yes I would love it but don't prioritize it if you got other more important stuff to do. One other improvement though. I would like some feedback from the interface what position the sequencer is at. Just to be able to tweak knobs/buttons at specific points in the sequence to get some instants gratification sounds. I guess it's my kind of way to interactively develop rythms. Maybe highlighting the square-dots vertically in the sequencer during it's progress.

Is it easy for you to implement?

No problem :)

I will look into lights for introjector, though having one for every slot may have some impact on cpu use seeing as there are 8 sequencers, in BM I just had the first slot light up. I'll see if I can come up with something though.

Andy

jensa wrote:I would like some feedback from the interface what position the sequencer is at. Just to be able to tweak knobs/buttons at specific points in the sequence to get some instants gratification sounds. I guess it's my kind of way to interactively develop rythms. Maybe highlighting the square-dots vertically in the sequencer during it's progress.

Is it easy for you to implement?
Yes, that's a very good idea jensa imo. Something similar I meant too by a requesting a graphical representation of the loop sliding from left to right when playing. That would help me a lot. :-)

One highlighting square dot on one line of squares could be enough if it would be possible to select one of the sample slots with the mouse to activate it for that sample slot only and it's possible to switch to the others if necessary if you understand what I mean.

After having toyed around for a few hours more I got some more questions.

Andy, do you think you could find a way to maybe add a know for narrowing the stereo field to mono with a know on the Master section. Sometimes I feel my rhythms are to wide and would sound better if they got closer to each other in the stereo field. This is quite a tedious task to do if you have to do it for all the section but would be super easy with a single stereo -> mono knob (not a button). Maybe I'm asking to much but hey, asking is free. :)

Also, it feels a bit strange to click on the down arrow in for example the Soundscaper LCD - NO.COMBS and the value goes up, and clicking the up arrow the number goes down. Don't you think?

Otherwise, I'm digging deeper and deeper and loving it 100% :ud:

jensa wrote:After having toyed around for a few hours more I got some more questions.

Andy, do you think you could find a way to maybe add a know for narrowing the stereo field to mono with a know on the Master section. Sometimes I feel my rhythms are to wide and would sound better if they got closer to each other in the stereo field. This is quite a tedious task to do if you have to do it for all the section but would be super easy with a single stereo -> mono knob (not a button). Maybe I'm asking to much but hey, asking is free. :)
No problem adding this, but where it could go is tricky, I'll see what I can do...
Also, it feels a bit strange to click on the down arrow in for example the Soundscaper LCD - NO.COMBS and the value goes up, and clicking the up arrow the number goes down. Don't you think?
lol well some people find the opposite way wrong, think of it as scrolling up and down the list that you get from the popup because that is what it represents, make sense?
Otherwise, I'm digging deeper and deeper and loving it 100% :ud:
Great, I'm glad you are liking it :)

Andy

Astralp wrote:
jensa wrote:Also, it feels a bit strange to click on the down arrow in for example the Soundscaper LCD - NO.COMBS and the value goes up, and clicking the up arrow the number goes down. Don't you think?
lol well some people find the opposite way wrong, think of it as scrolling up and down the list that you get from the popup because that is what it represents, make sense?
Ah, darn. Haven't noticed the popups. Haha. Sorry. :)

Ok I added a couple of changes to both BM and BM Lite now both at v1.03:

* Added Fast mode for Knobs when holding CTRL + SHIFT and dragging
* Added Master Stereo Width/Inverse to the Master Panel, full left is normal, full right is inverted and center is mono.

Astralp wrote:Ok I added a couple of changes to both BM and BM Lite now both at v1.03:

* Added Fast mode for Knobs when holding CTRL + SHIFT and dragging
* Added Master Stereo Width/Inverse to the Master Panel, full left is normal, full right is inverted and center is mono.
Wow, you are fast! Thanks :)

lol Hopefully that will do for the fast changes?

Astralp wrote:lol Hopefully that will do for the fast changes?
For today? Yes.

:P

I'm reusing this thread again to save... space?...

Anyway. Andy, I would love to have the same Master width in Introjector to be able to tighten the stereo field some. Sometimes those Steve Reich effects come out better near mono if you mix them with loads of other pianos, marimbas, vibraphones etc... :)

OK will do !

Astralp wrote:OK will do !
Thanks. :)

Another idea Andy. In BM, I feel that I sometimes got some really nice loop going and then I try to mess with some part of it and click 'Randomize'. I get some new cool sounds and think 'Nice... but wasn't the last one even nicer...?'.
How about some Undo functionality. Several steps back would of course be nice. And maybe even some kind of snapshot functionality where you can save, let say, 10 snapshots and later get back to them, do some minor tweaks before recording them. That would also function as some kind of performance memory where you can switch between loops that are similar during live sessions.

Some day maybe? :)

Its a great idea, but it does give me a headache thinking about it, there are so many Patch Mems in BM it would be a huge job. I will think about it though but it won't be for a while !

I am thinking of maybe using my own file based patch system instead of the VST architecture in the future, but for BM I doubt it now. I need to see how sales will go over the next few months. I also have to finish Introjector and I have to finish the Scala File maker, plus I have an electric Sitar plug to work on and possibly a partner plug to BM which is more adapted to tunes (basically BM with an enhanced sequencer). Again all of this depends on feasibility in terms of income, but I will seriously keep it mind.

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”