Black Magic Drum Machine Beta testing finished

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks to all of you for all your help & testing, I know it was a disruptive experience as well due to all my continuing ups and downs, and I appreciate all your support, enthusiasm & understanding. BM is a mixed bag for me, I paid a high price for it and so I hope that others will enjoy it so that at least my loss has some meaning.

I think I may have been too generous with the features in the Lite Version seeing as no one is buying, so it may be the last big HGS project. Hopefully things will pick up :)

thanks again!
Andy

Astralp wrote:
I think I may have been too generous with the features in the Lite Version seeing as no one is buying, so it may be the last big HGS project. Hopefully things will pick up :)

thanks again!
Andy
I bought it and it rocks! Really worth the introduction price. Personally I like it even more than any of your Astralis work. This is really pro stuff, for a more than decent price!

Hopefully you will go on with this sort of ambitious projects. Would love to try some sort of beat/sample slicer and effects functions with it. Like make/record a drum sample with Black Magic and then slice it and even customize it with effects afterwards. A swish army knife of beat creation. Maybe in a next release, or as a stand alone beat slicer called "White Magic" ? :roll:

The last big HGS project? :-o I hope NOT! Please go on.. Your work is fantastic so far..

Please buy it people, if you have use for it ofcourse. You won't regret :wink:
Last edited by Nielzie on Mon May 04, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Astralp wrote:I think I may have been too generous with the features in the Lite Version seeing as no one is buying, so it may be the last big HGS project. Hopefully things will pick up :)
Money is so tight these days ... I intended to have a good blast with the demo, and buy, if I liked it, before the price went up. Just haven't had the time yet :shrug: I hope you don't give up on it, Andy ... I may yet jump in for the group buy.

I intended to have a good blast with the demo, and buy, if I liked it, before the price went up. Just haven't had the time yet :Shrug:
TODAY you can still get it:

http://www.hgsounds.com/sale-black-magi ... il-4th-may

I just fiddled a bit around with BM Lite. It's quite cool.

If it was a bit cheaper I'd consider to go for it. I see that you threw all your strengh into the development of this little box. But unfortunately it's right - we can spend our money only once. And since such a box is NOT my "got to tool for MY kind of music" I have to consider twice ....

What do you think which price will the Group Buy bring along?

Higher or less then this introducing price of 65 Pounds?
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

Thanks all for your encouragement :) !!

As for the group buy, I'm not sure yet I haven't run one before and I have no idea how many will go for it... so still in thought...

Nielzie wrote:
Astralp wrote:

thanks again!
Andy
I bought it and it rocks! Really worth the introduction price. Personally I like it even more than any of your Astralis work. This is really pro stuff, for a more than decent price!

Hopefully you will go on with this sort of ambitious projects. Would love to try some sort of beat/sample slicer and effects functions with it. Like make/record a drum sample with Black Magic and then slice it and even customize it with effects afterwards. A swish army knife of beat creation. Maybe in a next release, or as a stand alone beat slicer called "White Magic" ? :roll:

The last big HGS project? :-o I hope NOT! Please go on.. Your work is fantastic so far..

Please buy it people, if you have use for it ofcourse. You won't regret :wink:
I was thinking about making a simple loop type player that could maybe tie in with the recorded loops, but it is just simply time and money. Truth is I can earn more doing web design or bits of programming unfortunately, its very hard to sell stuff, I'm better at building than selling :?

I'll think about it though, if I can come up with a loop player that won't take too long I'll have a go at it :)

Astralp wrote:
I was thinking about making a simple loop type player that could maybe tie in with the recorded loops, but it is just simply time and money. Truth is I can earn more doing web design or bits of programming unfortunately, its very hard to sell stuff, I'm better at building than selling :?

I'll think about it though, if I can come up with a loop player that won't take too long I'll have a go at it :)
Well maybe you can make it a separate loop player/beat slicer project then, and ask money for it :wink: That way you can have a "Black Magic" drum machine/loop workstation, and a "White Magic" loop player/beat slicer separately and even put them together in one "Grey Magic Pack" for a discount price :D

Marketing.. :wink:

That would be lovely :love: lol

But seriously, I hope you will be rewarded enough for your work on Black Magic, it's well deserved.

thanks! means a lot to me :)

Hi andy
I have some nice idea for new samples for this baby. I will send it as soon as possible :)
take care

Hi Damien

Fantastic, the musical saws are great!

Andy,

I don't know if I'm posting in the right place but I have an issue with BM. I've bought the full version now so that I can use my own samples. I have put quite a few folders of samples in the Drum Samples folder (128 samples in each folder) but when I use the drop down menu from the Black Magic interface to access my samples the display is kinda strange and I can't see all the folders that I've put there. The drop-down box for sample folder selection seems to be organised in columns. In the first column, there are 26 sample folders (26 rows)... which is fine and what you'd expect! But in the other columns (about 11 fit across the width of my monitor space) only one the top row contains any information, and underneath is just blank space. So where potentially you should be able to see data from 11 columns x 26 rows, you can actually only see one full column and all the rest contain info in only the first row. I'm no mathmetician but instead of a potential 300 folders I can see only 36. This means that I can't see many of my folders!! Yes... I have a lot of samples!

So, how can I get around this? Is there a limit to the number of sample folders BM can access? Is it a bug? Am I missing something?

Please help!!

Cheers

Sarah

Sarah

Can you send me a screengrab? I'm having a hard time visualizing what you describe, it certainly sounds wrong! :shock:

take care
Andy

ahh OK I see what you mean, its a bug! I'll get onto fixing that now, bear with me :)

aaah! I'm glad I was able to explain it! Let me know when you have a fix.

cheers Andy!

Ok I've uploaded a fixed version, this is temporary one, there will be a proper update soon adding another few things which is still in progress, this should do you for now :)

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”