Black Magic Drum Machine Beta testing finished

Official support for: hgsounds.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks Nay Seven!

Have fixed the double tempo thing in the next release.

The text thing looks like a unicode problem, I will probably have to wait until after release now to look into that if you can put up with it for a bit?

Musical Gym wrote:What's the easiest/best way to create banks?
Should I use the blank.fxb, rename, and save my patches to it?
Yes, or you can use the one that is already loaded and save it out. Clicking on global default will get you a default patch at anytime you want one :)

Az're-ul wrote:There's probably 80 or so but only about 30 are any good, plus I'm working on some dry presets which is taking a bit longer than I expected as sample choice makes a hell of a lot more difference. On the subject of samples is there a list of the samples used anywhere as opposed to kick01 etc?
Unfortunately not, many of them came to me like that and it's too late to rename them now due to all the presets really. Could index them I suppose though I'm not sure I'd be too good at giving them adequate descriptions, definitely not one of my strengths...

Az're-ul wrote:Couple of strange things I've noticed loading a preset into different hosts

1) Midi mode is not saved with preset. Of course that could be deliberate
Yes it is deliberate, it's a global setting made more sense to me that way as it could be potentially confusing when changing patches.
Az're-ul wrote: 2) How different it can sound in each. Orion has a huge overhead whilst the other don't by default. I just rendered the same loop at 120bpm with the default settings for each host but had to normalize the Orion render to bring it up to the same kind of volume as the others. Of course there was no mixing of any kind so somethings are louder than other and I had to turn of FLS's limiter. I don't know what happened with EXT1's render either... :shock:
Ok You've got me freaked out there Steve... I don't know what to make of it, I'll have a play with the patch and see what I can figure out.

I'll also get hold of the tracktion demo.. thanks

Astralp wrote:
Az're-ul wrote: 2) How different it can sound in each. Orion has a huge overhead whilst the other don't by default. I just rendered the same loop at 120bpm with the default settings for each host but had to normalize the Orion render to bring it up to the same kind of volume as the others. Of course there was no mixing of any kind so somethings are louder than other and I had to turn of FLS's limiter. I don't know what happened with EXT1's render either... :shock:
Ok You've got me freaked out there Steve... I don't know what to make of it, I'll have a play with the patch and see what I can figure out.

I'll also get hold of the tracktion demo.. thanks
Really sorry Andy , works been a bit too busy to do any more testing earlier in the week. Right I don't know if this will help or freak you out more :evil:

I've spent sometime doing host renders (about 80 of the damn things) and comparing them against a Black Magic recording of the same loop.

EnergyXT1 seems to behave itself something like 95% of the time. I'm not sure what's causing the problem but I'm wondering if its something like my anti-virus software kicking in periodically or some other autonomous process?

More worrying is FL Studio's render (export to wave). I didn't notice on my previous test that the host render puts an extra beat in at the beginning - its not actually an extra beat, it appears to be the first beat rendered twice. Its reproducible here at least. You really need someone more familiar with FLS to see if its also does the same on their system.

Picture below now shows the original EXT1 render and one of the new ones which falls in line with my other hosts. I've also included the old FLS and the new FLS render with both showing the extra rendered beat. The BM recording incidently is from within FLS and matches everything else so I'm guessing its a FLS render problem or some incompatability with BM. I've displayed the samples so that you can easily see where FLS is inserting the extra beat (I couldn't be bothered to turn off the snap in Audition so its not quite lined up right)

其余的是噪音

so...?
we are the 24th April ....any news...?

a registered user... :D

sorry, I'm still checking a few things out, will probably release the final over the weekend or Monday, running a bit behind schedule...

Thanks for the report Steve, I think the extra beat maybe because a pre-roll is needed in some hosts. I'll look into it over the weekend.

Andy

Well hopefully made some difference to the export differences with the final release, let me know. I've added that there are probs with Tracktion to the BM page for the time being, not sure how I can solve them at the moment.

take care
Andy

I hope the release is a big success, Andy.
I enjoyed working with it and testing.
Sorry I didn't get content in. I found myself mostly randomizing stuff which I thought users would do by themselves anyway.
Jim

Thanks Jim :)

just saw you release the non beta version...?!!
why no e-mails to users...? :(
overflowed...? :D

nay-seven

I did send out an email last night which you should have received?

Andy

sorry , no e-mail of you here ...
not really a problem now , don't worry... :wink:

Astralp wrote:nay-seven

I did send out an email last night which you should have received?

Andy
Hi Andy,

I received your email yesterday, thank you. I wish you a Big success with this release, It's an innovative machine. I really enjoyed working with you and Black Magic. :)

Best Wishes,
Alex.

Congrats on the release Andy, hope you sell loads.

Its been fun, probably more fun than work from my end though :oops:

You ought to start a thread in the instruments forum.

All the best

Steve
其余的是噪音

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”