Black Magic Drum Machine Beta testing finished

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Astralp wrote:hmmm ok thanks - sorry somehow missed that, puzzled by that one, may have to buy tracktion to get to the bottom of it, I don't think there is a demo having had a quick look.
http://my.mackie.com/products/tracktion/demov3.asp

I was looking for this earlier to see if I could throw any light on it :-)

Quick tip - for the vst scan, just select your BM directory to save some time...
Astralp wrote:Steve, glad the speed is working out OK :) I agree with the Lite, I've asked Andreas to do something better than my crappy effort, would be good to lose the Compressor and Humanize etc... as well. Are you still adding these presets to your bank?
At the moments my presets are all over the place till I have a chance to quality assess them, what sounds good one day sounds terrible the next...

There's probably 80 or so but only about 30 are any good, plus I'm working on some dry presets which is taking a bit longer than I expected as sample choice makes a hell of a lot more difference. On the subject of samples is there a list of the samples used anywhere as opposed to kick01 etc?
Last edited by Az're-ul on Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
其余的是噪音

nm Az're-ul is a quicker picker upper :D

Astralp wrote:hmmm ok thanks - sorry somehow missed that, puzzled by that one, may have to buy tracktion to get to the bottom of it, I don't think there is a demo having had a quick look.
i used the demo before deciding to purchase. should be here:
http://my.mackie.com/products/tracktion/demov3.asp
although you might have to sign up for their newsletter. emits a beep and can't save, but otherwise functionality is full.

What's the easiest/best way to create banks?
Should I use the blank.fxb, rename, and save my patches to it?

Musical Gym wrote:What's the easiest/best way to create banks?
That way will work but depending on how many presets you've got I'd recommend you get Tobybear's MiniHost which has a bank/preset manager built in and will save you time.

Basically 5 step procedure to put all your presets into a bank.

1) load BM
2) goto preset manager
3) load blank bank
4) load all your presets in 1 go
5) save bank

That procedure above will take less than a minute.

It's free to use and fully featured you basically pay to get rid of the daily nag screen. I liked this preset manager enough to buy it just for that.
Last edited by Az're-ul on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
其余的是噪音

Very cool, Az're-ul... I'll look to try this out. $25 is not bad for the preset manger alone. This would be useful for some other plugins I have as well

elxicano wrote:Very cool, Az're-ul... I'll look to try this out. $25 is not bad for the preset manger alone. This would be useful for some other plugins I have as well
No problemo - I should mention however that I don't think its being actively developed any more :-(
其余的是噪音

Okay, good to know...

I'll wait till I'm finally back home tomorrow to give this a run. I'm still working in "portable" mode for today. 8)

Okay I'm going to admit defeat, I can't get my head round Tracktion. It just seems counter-intuitive to my way of working.

I found I can only get BM's and BM Lite's internal sequencers to play by setting the clock speed to half. I also got very occasional stutters whilst they're playing but that could be down to my ASIO driver which I blame for everything :hihi:

I'll try controlling BM by midi either later tonight or tomorrow afternoon.
其余的是噪音

Az're-ul wrote:Okay I'm going to admit defeat, I can't get my head round Tracktion. It just seems counter-intuitive to my way of working.

I found I can only get BM's and BM Lite's internal sequencers to play by setting the clock speed to half. I also got very occasional stutters whilst they're playing but that could be down to my ASIO driver which I blame for everything :hihi:

haha that seems ironic after reading this monster list you posted: :D
Mini Host
Energy XT 1
Energy XT 2
Orion Platinum
Live 6
FL Studio 8
Renoise 2
Plogue Bidule
Audio Mulch
Usine

I get stuttering too, but I blame it on Tracktion\synthedit since I seem to get it with other SE based plugs too.

I would be interested in hearing results with rendering in any app. although the internal recorder makes it almost unnecessary to bother with rendering in the host anyway. It should be a law that all vsts have this handy feature :)

Az're-ul wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:What's the easiest/best way to create banks?
That way will work but depending on how many presets you've got I'd recommend you get Tobybear's MiniHost which has a bank/preset manager built in and will save you time.

Basically 5 step procedure to put all your presets into a bank.

1) load BM
2) goto preset manager
3) load blank bank
4) load all your presets in 1 go
5) save bank

That procedure above will take less than a minute.

It's free to use and fully featured you basically pay to get rid of the daily nag screen. I liked this preset manager enough to buy it just for that.
Thanks for tips on MiniHost.
I need to finally put it to use.

Chester Desmond wrote:
Az're-ul wrote:Okay I'm going to admit defeat, I can't get my head round Tracktion. It just seems counter-intuitive to my way of working.

haha that seems ironic after reading this monster list you posted: :D
Mini Host
Energy XT 1
Energy XT 2
Orion Platinum
Live 6
FL Studio 8
Renoise 2
Plogue Bidule
Audio Mulch
Usine

I get stuttering too, but I blame it on Tracktion\synthedit since I seem to get it with other SE based plugs too.

I would be interested in hearing results with rendering in any app. although the internal recorder makes it almost unnecessary to bother with rendering in the host anyway. It should be a law that all vsts have this handy feature :)
What can I say? I'm still looking for my ideal host :oops: I've still got a NFR license for Tracktion 1 knocking around somewhere which I've never used. I thought it might make more sense now, but sadly no.

If I get the time I'll try some renders in Tracktion and a couple of others later for comparison purposes.

Edit: Can't render in the demo version of Tracktion :dog: but I noticed I'm getting the quarter bar latency when playing via midi control
其余的是噪音

Couple of strange things I've noticed loading a preset into different hosts

1) Midi mode is not saved with preset. Of course that could be deliberate

2) How different it can sound in each. Orion has a huge overhead whilst the other don't by default. I just rendered the same loop at 120bpm with the default settings for each host but had to normalize the Orion render to bring it up to the same kind of volume as the others. Of course there was no mixing of any kind so somethings are louder than other and I had to turn of FLS's limiter. I don't know what happened with EXT1's render either... :shock:

Weird but probably something I've done wrong...

Wav files and preset used below

Energy XT 1 Render
Energy XT 2 Render
FL Studio 8 Render
Orion Render
Tracktion Tester.fxp

其余的是噪音

hey andy... sorry i havent tested in a bit.. i changed systems recently and am now using a quadcore with vista and 6 gigs of ram and all is well here with beta 20... i will delv in deeper tonight and see if i notice anything strange.. :)

hello and thanks for this great plugin !
really inspiring !
works fine in Usine with a nanoKontrol !

a little lost sometimes with your logic :
up arrow on samples down the number...?(kit window )...?

and here some little problems :
when you choose double for tempo :
when you use accent on name :

but this really little problems... :)

sorry everyone, got off course a bit latter part of this week, I can't believe all the posts :oops: Thanks for the tracktion testing.

I'll try and make some headway tonight and get back on track!

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”