Beta Testers Required Soon - Now Closed

Official support for: hgsounds.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd also like to get involved with the testing if you're still looking.

I'm chesterdesmond on HG

My system is:
3.0 ghz Intel duocore
2 gbs RAM
M-Audio Delta 1010LT
Windows Media Centre 2005 (basically XP with a media extension)
Tracktion 3
Yamaha DTXpress 2 e-drumkit

Thanks

I would be interested. I have beta tested for Koblo, Keytosound, Cakewalk, Ableton and others.

I run winxp SP2, 2ghz AMD with 2gb RAM, sound card is M-audio Delta 2496, controller is m-audio Axiom 61, monitors are M-audio studiophile BX5s.

Let me know if you still need some help!
..::*Jack of all DAWs* brianbotkiller.com : OBEDIA.com::..

If you still need people, I'll put my name in as well.

My username is RyanGowen on HGS.

I have...

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Processor
2GB RAM
140GB HD
RealTek AC97
nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS
Windows XP SP2
FL Studio 8

Chester and Ryan you are added, many thanks :)

botkiller have you created an account on hgsounds? Let me know your user name so I can add you.

Sorry, about that, Astralp. My username at hgsounds is:

jdtshadesofgrayrecording

Forgot to put that in my reply.

Thanks,
jdt

ooohhhh my gosh astral p..... this sounds amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ive got my credit card ready for this!!!!

i have all of your sample cds and i cant wait for this..!!!

omg... any sneak peak at the gui??

Astralp wrote:Chester and Ryan you are added, many thanks :)

botkiller have you created an account on hgsounds? Let me know your user name so I can add you.
I will make an account now!
..::*Jack of all DAWs* brianbotkiller.com : OBEDIA.com::..

GJK wrote:ooohhhh my gosh astral p..... this sounds amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ive got my credit card ready for this!!!!

i have all of your sample cds and i cant wait for this..!!!

omg... any sneak peak at the gui??
lol thanks :)

The GUI is still under development unfortunately, once the main GUI is ready I will release the beta, but I'll give you some ideas on what it will be like:

This is the first VST I've done as a collaboration and the Synth itself is being designed by a colleague (Andreas) so it looks nothing like my previous designs. It is a hardware emulation with many knobs and also an LCD screen which has some features tucked away on panels. We are trying to make it look as hardware as possible, to keep the front clean and simple.

The top 2 rows of knobs will have the settings for each drum part which are Vol, Pan, Cutoff, Reso, sample start, attack, release, Pitch, Drive, Velocity, Vel-Filter, and 3 effect sends to Reverb, Delay and Flanger. This is per drum part so you select from one to 10 to edit the specific part.

The LCD Screen is still being worked out, I have some programming to do to make this happen, but essentially (subject to change) along the top is the 1-10 edit boxes, and another set of panels that will expose extra settings for the FX, Master or Section Modulation. These settings appear in the bottom part of the LCD. Also near the top is the Bank and Sample selection for the current part. There is also randomize buttons and a few master setting in here too.

Below this is 2 rows of knobs for the FX which are Reverb, Delay, Flanger and Compressor.

On the right side there is 4 sets of buttons * 10 which represent a strip for each part. Top line are Drum Triggers, Second is Sequence triggers, Third is Solo, and the Fourth is OFF/ON.

Below that are the Master controls which is Volume, FX Mix, Humanize, Swing, Cutoff, Resonance, Release and Pitch. The last 3 affect all the parts so that the relationship between these settings on each part is maintained. Also the Pitch has normal mode, delay based shift, or timestretch which can create some crazy sounds :)

Finally below that is the Record Controls, Noise Gate and Limiter, although I may not keep the Limiter controls, I still want to asses how useful they are. The output is always limited anyway.

That's the front panel, but there is also some screens for The Modulation/LFO Page, the main mixer and the sequencer. The GUI for this still needs much work which will come after we have the front finalized. The idea at the moment is to keep in with the virtual hardware theme by having it as a virtual Monitor that would plug into the back of the unit.

Hopefully that will give you some idea of what to expect, any of this may change as it is still work in progress and as it is an international project it takes a bit longer to get through the dev cycle but will be worth the wait I think :)

There are still lots of problems to address but I would say that it is 80-90% functional currently. The humanize and Swing need some work as the existing solution freaks out in FL and probably some other hosts, so some programming is needed there.

as soon as I have more solid info/ screen grabs I'll put them up in this thread, so keep watching :)

GJK are you wanting to beta test?

Andy

JDT, you are added :)

Oh also to mention, that initially it was Andreas who suggested this project as a simple drum machine, but I generally find it hard to stick to simple so it became a monster :) It has been under development on/off since around May (I think). Would be nice to get finished for a January Release.

He provided most of the drum hits from his personal collection and I have added some more, I think there is about 1400 at the moment, though you can easily add your own folders of wavs to the sample store.

Very interested in trying this out .... I was hoping to test it in FLS though, err .. I suppose I can handle it freaking out, but I have other hosts as well ... reaper, mulab, n-track, madtracker, dreamstation and others.

If its not too late, count me in. drum tracks are my weak area, so anything that can inspire or improve my efforts would be raved about!!!

Yep fine, make an account on hgsounds and let me know your user name and I'll add you to the beta testers. It is only swing + humanize which freaks out in FL, everything else is fine as far as I know.

Well the point of beta testing is to fix the bugs so if you can test in FL that will be very helpful as well as any others :)

It is very complex software and I am sure there will be plenty of bugs to squash. It is too huge to attempt that on my own...

i would love to beta test...

my user name is gabriel

looking forward to this

:)

You're added, thanks a lot!

im in

extremely interested!

username is robotwars on hgsounds.com

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”