Presets

Official support for: krakliplugins.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, all

I downloaded some of the Krakli free synths (StringZ2, Richman2, S3), and so far I'm enjoying them. There's something however that I must be too stupid to figure out. The descriptions of some of the synths speak of some presets created by Himalaya and other sound designers. However, the packages I downloaded do not seem to contain any kind of presets, and the synths themselves don't appear to have any section/interface to load/save presets.

So, my question is, do I have to download the presets from elsewhere? How do I load them into the synth?

Thanks, and sorry if the answer is too obvious...

G.

Hi GMoneh,

The presets are there as a default sound library.

A few questions to try to trace your problem:
1. What host are you using?
2. Did you download direct from Krakli's website?
3. Did you try loading presets using your host's preset browser? That is the only way to load presets. ie: not via the synth's interface. If in doubt, when you open a synth, look up on the open plugin window, and on at the top of the window you should see a few buttons like Load Preset, Load Bank, Save Preset, etc.

Each host displays this differently, but in general that's were you should be looking. For example, in Chainer, on the top left, you get two arrows to quickly move from preset to preset, and on the right a button named 'Presets' which allows to load and save. In Sonar, you get the arrow buttons too, but you also get a drop down window which has all presets displayed as a list. etc.

Let me know how you get on. ( and enjoy the presets once they load for you). :)
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Thanks, himalaya, I appreciate your response.

As you explained, I went and opened the synths in Sonar and I can see the preset list there.

Before, I was opening the synths in Kore 2, and I cannot see any kind of preset selection when Kore opens the plugin UI. Do you know of any way of accessing those default presets in Kore 2?

GMoneh wrote: you know of any way of accessing those default presets in Kore 2?
As far as I know, not being a Kore user, the synth presets need to be converted to Kore preset format. So, you'd need to do it yourself. I know of a few KVR members who do it all the time and convert all presets from synths they own to Kore format. But as I mentioned, I don't have Kore, and I doubt that Ian has Kore either, hence we can't convert these presets. :)
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Return to “Krakli”