Geist 3 when?

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This software is the best in the business when it comes to drum programming,it blows away maschine, mpc, as well as others, when will we receive a major update for this?

My only complaint is that I cannot directly load up my mpc kits,that I've had for years, and alternative 3rd party options like chicken translator don't convert sounds well to it. It's about time Fxpansion adds support for akai mpc kits, as well as other popular brands, in some sort of conversion tool kit for geist 3.

And perhaps finally the option to lazy chop songs,and switch keys for samples.

I'm still not quite sure why this software is so slept on,as it's so close to being the perfect tool for beat n sample / production.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

FXPansion aren't known for turning out quick updates. I wouldn't hold your breath for a Geist 3 any time soon not that I have inside information just a guess based on past history with their products. I am also a fan of Geist and Geist 2.

trusampler wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:08 am .....

I'm still not quite sure why this software is so slept on,as it's so close to being the perfect tool for beat n sample / production.
To each their own.
But I think because it is very un-intuitive and difficult to use.
Clearly you think differently.
rsp
sound sculptist

As much as I love Geist 2, it's still fraught with bugs. There's one in particular that always crashes it for me when I'm in the middle of great idea.

i'd hope for a 2.x before a geist 3.

Geist 2 was the best Vst drum, but the bugs turn it to worst...

trusampler wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:08 am This software is the best in the business when it comes to drum programming,it blows away maschine, mpc, as well as others, when will we receive a major update for this?
I agree.

As for your complaints, well, no one finds Geist perfect.

I doubt there will be major updates. Lucky to get minor updates.

Don't bank on a v3. I think Geist is done now. But I don't know.

Depending on what OS you use and what system you have, Geist 1 or Geist 2 might be better for you. Suck it and see.

FXpansion have always worked out to the cutting edge. In before everyone else and out before everyone else too by the looks of things. But it averages out. It works for most people.

Pretty sure it's got bugs. Pretty sure those bugs won't get sorted now. But pretty sure this software works for most the people most the time. It does for me.

Little anecdote:
I spotted a bug that was reproducable in Geist 1. Had to do with engines or whatnot. Anyway. It was not good. FXpansion picked it up and on the next release it was gone.

It takes people to give them feedback. Provide reproducable bugs. No, you are not a beta-tester. Just a user that is giving useful feedback. No medals here.

I get the impression more people bitched about stuff than providing useful reports, so they can only do what they can do. The bug I reported was a bit of a honker. But only if you did a certain set of actions, which most people would not have done. Still.

I don't think there will ever be a Geist 3.

Geist 2 is a lot of fun and I like it a lot. But it's stretching it. I also wish they could have just extended the original Geist 1.

But OS changes and all that, you know...

I usually would not tolerate the shit that a company like FXpansion throws out, but I know they do it in good faith, and they're only maybe one of a few companies that I go along with all that. Native Instruments is another.

Without wishing to damn them at all, this isn't a company that you want to provide your bread and butter base. It's more an experimental thing and for fun and for cutting edge music making. But it will work most the time for most people.

FXpansion are like the big bang: probably the fastest expanding company from start to finish, exploding out from nothing to filling up the expanding universe with all that is good...

I've felt cheated by Native Instruments. So have a lot of people.

But I've never felt cheated by FXpansion. Bit disappointed sometimes.

You have to understand, this company is a contemporary of someone like Camel Audio: Totally out at the cutting edge of audio/computer research, and therefore much sought after in the market place which would love to buy up their proprietary technology at half the price.

But they hold out as long as they can. Then, it's time to step in to the real world. They are a step ahead of us all. And we just follow in line. It's not so bad. We are all ahead of the game.

It's not just a case of making money and being able to eat, it's about drawing wider investment for future projects to fulfil particular visions.

In many ways, it would be better for many of us if the head programmers and team at FXpansion just called it a day, man, and just said, yeah, whatevs, let's just do it 'for the kids'. They would still provide some pretty nifty software and probably better, more compatible software for many of us.

But they are doing what they have always done: Expanding the boundaries of what is possible within the software domain. Now they are hooking up with hardware bods (Roli) as well, so it gets more complex again.

Who knows where the ride ends.

I trust in them to do their best.

For some reason I even trust in them to have a sense of morals and ethics. Just like Camel Audio.

In many ways it's easier to 'hate' a faceless company like Native Instruments. It's pretty hard for me to hate on a company like FXpansion and Camel Audio, because I know the core team is still beavering away in there somewhere, in their 'black hole', trying to bring bigger and better audio products to the masses.

Got a soft spot for the lads (and lasses) - I got mine. I got my perfect working Geist 1 on a frozen OS. Got my perfect working Alchemy Player working on the same system. Don't need anything more. Ever. I'll die before I finish exploring it and all its potential.

If a Geist 3 turns up - I'm in!

Just make the best of what you have.

If a new more glorious product is doable, be rest assured they will love to put a smile on your face, just like everyone else does.

Software design is complex. Sofware engineering is more complex again. Most people don't even use 10 percent of what is offered. That's a given across the board with ALL software design, but probably more so with Geist2.

The bottle-neck is always the GUI, after the UX. Always!

This shit is always going to be seriously imperfect.

Really, we are all just playing about in someone else's computer games.

But let's not get too deep here!

:lol:

They better get 2 working before they can even imagine 3.

I was such a fan of FXpansion & Geist. Let's face it, the vision & concept are amazing, the execution a utter failure. Makes me angry I paid full price for it, not to mention being early to pick up the original Geist after Guru. Windows 10 & Geist 2, like other versions, just isn't a solid app.

GURU was AMAZING.

something about FXpansion vsts coding and ui just makes it a chore to work with. :(

I sure wish i could select ALL my pads and globally change the sampler setting for the slices.

Having to go and manually tweak my Release knob on the amp for 64 pads is a bit much...

other that Geist2 is a great slicer/sampler. I think the effects could use a bit of updating as the breverb algorithms sound pretty lofi.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:53 am I sure wish i could select ALL my pads and globally change the sampler setting for the slices.

Having to go and manually tweak my Release knob on the amp for 64 pads is a bit much...

other that Geist2 is a great slicer/sampler. I think the effects could use a bit of updating as the breverb algorithms sound pretty lofi.
Isn't that what the Pads button does? I use it all the time to tune and envelope my slices in one go. Just be aware that adjustments are applied relatively. For instance, if you are turning Attack time to zero and one of the pads had a longer attack time than the selected pad, the one with the longer attack will be reduced by the same amount ending up on a value higher than zero. Hope that makes sense.

Geist 2 and Tremor are my favorite drum Vsts !
It would be great to see them in one as Geist 3

Loved Guru but Geist has a different workflow for me - shame Fx Expansion Uk company and would support but think they have been sold on?
Is Angus still in charge ?

Return to “FXpansion”