Convert SFZ to GURU / GEIST

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello. I have all my drum kits in SFZ format. Is there a way i can load them in GURU or GEIST ?

Thanks
Vintage Drum Machine Kits for the Roland TR8-S & MC-707 https://rhythmelectronics.bandcamp.com

one year without a reply. it seems it cant be done :/
Vintage Drum Machine Kits for the Roland TR8-S & MC-707 https://rhythmelectronics.bandcamp.com

The FXpansion forum is a bit of a wasteland...

I don't think there's an easy way to do this. I've used TAL sampler in the past to extract the samples from soundfonts and remap them to Geist, but it's a pretty slow workflow.

I looked in to this.

It can't be done.

You need a program that reads .sfz files.

Easy.

But you then need that same program to output what Geist reads (.wav, .rx2).

No such program exists. Only Props ReCycle can write .rx2 files, anyway.

.wav is no good to you as it does not include the extra info.

I looked in to ReCycle by the Props, but they don't say what files it can load. I downloaded the demo, but it's so crippled they only give you the option of loading 5 pre-chosen wave files. What losers.

It may be that ReCycle loads .sfz, but I highly doubt it.

If you really think about it, there is a massive interface mismatch here with regard to the formats.

.sfz is text based for mapping out the samples. Geist can only read .wav or Rex files (.rx2) which are something else altogether again.

It's probably why no one answered your original post.

It can't be done.

Not even programs like Chicken Systems Translator can help.

It's just apples and oranges.

You will need to get down and dirty and do it all 'by hand' I'm afraid.

Unless anyone knows better.

SFZ have loose samples. Just select them all then drag and drop into the plugin.

Also, FXpansion have their own forum, and they are responsive via email.

exactly, sfz is wav files and a. txt file

you can use the wavs without the txt in anything that loads wav files

(assuming its not multi layer stuff, in which case you will have to do all the settings manually)

im aware of all this. i just wanted to know if there is a way of doing it with an app. i dont want to map every sample by hand. it seems there isnt. thank you.

translator can convert to .guru format which can be imported by geist.  There are some issues though...i'm working on identifying them and i plan on hitting them up so they can issue a fix for it

dmuckala wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:55 pm translator can convert to .guru format which can be imported by geist.  There are some issues though...i'm working on identifying them and i plan on hitting them up so they can issue a fix for it

No it can not, I just sent a bug report, as I wanted to do this, but it's not working in their latest build. This needs to be fixed on their end, as they clearly say it can be done, but it's not working.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Return to “FXpansion”