Strobe 2 Bugs that screw everything up

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

so I've been out of the studio and just kind of noodling around with stuff and every once in a while loading up bigwig and making a track for a few months. For now my favorite synth to play with standalone is strobe 2. Unfortunately it has a couple of bugs that make my patches useless upon recalling. First, patches don't appear to keep the pitch bend ranges. I've checked them in 32 bit, 64 bit and the plugin and the pitch bend ranges are always 2 semitones up or down when the patch is loaded. Second, the selection of quick patches (which is great and reminds me of the nord g2 in the amazing things one can get out of a single synth) always switches back to using program change as the method of patch selection.

I may be doing something wrong and I may have missed a setting somewhere that would change this, and if so I'd love to know how to get these settings to recall along with a session or with a patch as the case may be. If not I'm guessing that others have brought this up and I'm wondering if a fix is in the works. If, somehow, nobody else has this behavior and the behavior is incorrect, I'd be happy to submit a bug report or whatever you guys do.

Can't wait to see Cypher 2.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Also the thread title is a bit harsh. I'm just kidding around. I love this thing even with the issues I've mentioned. The pitch bend settings are a big part of my programming though and the switching between patches (or in my case patch variations is the main reason I went ahead and upgraded.

Hi,

The pitch bend ranges are locked by default - if you right click on them, uncheck "Lock" and save your preferences, they won't be locked anymore. (Note the red labels for pitch bend & the Perf controllers, indicating these are all locked).

The selection of quick patches is also saved as a preference, not as a patch. IIRC, locks & QP selection-mode should be saved and recalled with your song.

Hope this helps,
Angus.
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

The quick patch selection mode is definitely not saved with the project in cubase or bigwig.

So the selection of patches in the quick selection section is not supposed to recall with the project? That would be an awesome feature to add if possible.

Yes, the actual list of patches is definitely supposed to recall.

The selection mode is saved as a pref, IIRC. Will get the testers to look at both next week.

Can't seem to get the Strobe 2 XY pad or Perform sliders to respond to my Lightpad M Block set to Rise mode - they do respond to touch in the Seaboard itself (also the Nexus 7 patch was setup to open with the XY in the middle so it sounds radically different, it should start with the XY zero'd)

With Cypher 2 this works fine

Have you checked what the X/Y is assigned to in Strobe2's MIDI Learn view?

Re the Nexus7 patch - where do you want X/Y to open at? The centre position (50%) or the bottom left (0%)?

Angus_FX wrote:Have you checked what the X/Y is assigned to in Strobe2's MIDI Learn view?

Re the Nexus7 patch - where do you want X/Y to open at? The centre position (50%) or the bottom left (0%)?
I'll check thanks

To sound like the none 5D patch it needs to start at 0% (I have edited it myself to do this now). Otherwise the LFO speed is completely different.

aMUSEd wrote:
Angus_FX wrote:Have you checked what the X/Y is assigned to in Strobe2's MIDI Learn view?

I'll check thanks

To sound like the none 5D patch it needs to start at 0% (I have edited it myself to do this now). Otherwise the LFO speed is completely different.
OK so I can map the sliders to the Lightpad sliders (Rise mode) but how on Earth do I map the XY?

Anyone? Must be possible but how? I can't understand why this isn't mapped by default to the default CC numbers the Lightpad block uses like Cypher is.

It should be mapped in the factory defaults..? There are various UX improvements in Cypher2 that didn't make it across to Strobe2 yet, I'll be giving it a refresh some time in the next couple of months to bring all that over.

Worst case, go to:

Documents / FXpansion / Strobe / Settings

Open up the file "io.xml" in a text or xml editor

Scroll down until you see the entries for PerfX and PerfY, and then set the controller numbers you want on PerfX and PerfY, e.g.:
<CParamInfo name="Param_2" ParamName="PerfX" Lock="1" ControllerNum="113" SnapMode="0" />
<CParamInfo name="Param_3" ParamName="PerfY" Lock="1" ControllerNum="114" SnapMode="0" />

In my strobe folders there is no io.xml, only a com.roli.logincookie.txt
In the cypher2 folder there is an io.xml...

Ah mine does have that file (it's actually Documents / FXpansion / Strobe 2 / Settings), will try editing it, although it should also be possible to learn XY as you can other params.

You know maybe someone should edit that title or we should just start a new Strobe 2 bugs thread, these are just irritations really, not things that 'screw everything up'.

Return to “FXpansion”