BFD 4

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any news ?

Nope
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

rip

BFD seems to being continuing to fall on the wayside compared to their other products. That and BFD 3 original release is coming up to nearly 6 years ago. Sad and shameful.

I mean they have done numerous updates in that time, the last being in May this year...

I agree they're regular with updates. That being said, it's becoming a competitive marketplace and they're not innovating like their competitors are. I love BFD but I'm losing confidence in their ability to stay ahead of the competition long term has been fading for quite some time.

A new expansion pack was released today. Let’s not lose hope that we will see BFD4

BFD3 works so terrible on my Mac Mini I rather fire up Logic's Drum Kit Designer.
UI lags so bad it's not even useful anymore. Horrible.
latest version was crashing so i had to go back to 3.2. Just. UGH.
Fxpansion UI's are the worst.

The bigger problem for me, is even though Windows hasn't abandoned Windows 7, Fxpansion has. Even the new update for BFD3 won't work on Windows 7.

Kind of a shame, but no VI or plug is worth upending my entire system to install a new operating system just to use it.

So odds are if there ever is a BFD4, it'll be windows 10 only as even Fxpansion has even admitted they have no idea how to make the update of BFD3 work with windows 7. Why fix the gaps in your programming knowledge when you can just abandon the platform altogether?

Sassafrass wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:06 pm The bigger problem for me, is even though Windows hasn't abandoned Windows 7, Fxpansion has. Even the new update for BFD3 won't work on Windows 7.

Kind of a shame, but no VI or plug is worth upending my entire system to install a new operating system just to use it.

So odds are if there ever is a BFD4, it'll be windows 10 only as even Fxpansion has even admitted they have no idea how to make the update of BFD3 work with windows 7. Why fix the gaps in your programming knowledge when you can just abandon the platform altogether?
Worse still, I updated to W10 partially for BFD3, only to find out reading on their spam-infested forum that those trying the W10 update have had it completely screw up, so it's now a W10-only piece of software that doesn't have a working W10 version!

I am very sceptical about the future of this company.

BFD3 works perfectly fine for me on Windows 10

Its a very good product, as it is. I don't see any of the genre vst drums in the market better than the BFD3, at the moment. But obviously there will be innovations, the latest example is the hybrid modelled/sampled MODO by the IK, and the BFD must implement and find new things, in the long term.
Who knows, what the present owners have planned for the future. There are too many "launch-and-leave" - products by many developers (only to mention a couple major ones, Waves and iZotope).

triggerthehorizon wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:16 pm BFD3 works perfectly fine for me on Windows 10
Is that the latest version though? I also have BFD3 working fine on W10 but it's the previous version which also runs in W10.

I've read about problems with the installer and given the rate of updates on BFD I'm not keen to bork my installation just to have the latest version which doesnt add much from what I can see.

Yup, the latest version. It is rock solid here

If they don't BFD4 they must no longer be a company because that's their flagship software is it not? Maybe they'll disintegrate into Roli entirely.

Return to “FXpansion”