Toolchain - new user question

Official support for: rs-met.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, this seems like a cool plugin, cheers.
Am i missing something obvious - how do i sync the sequencer in AcidDevil to my project tempo? (i'm using reaper on windows)
thanks

dryan wrote:Hi, this seems like a cool plugin, cheers.
Am i missing something obvious - how do i sync the sequencer in AcidDevil to my project tempo? (i'm using reaper on windows)
thanks
Same problem here. Did you figure it out?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

no

Shame
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

yeah, i really like how it sounds, it could be a great little 303 alternative.
there must be some sort of tempo functions for the sequencer, surely?

dryan wrote:yeah, i really like how it sounds, it could be a great little 303 alternative.
Sorry for not replying until now. The developer said he was working on a manual i believe. So we just have to wait.

Halonmusic wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:31 am
dryan wrote:yeah, i really like how it sounds, it could be a great little 303 alternative.
Sorry for not replying until now. The developer said he was working on a manual i believe. So we just have to wait.
Any update on this? I just downloaded last night and loving the 303 emulation as it sounds 99% to a real TB or TD :)

Thanks! Well, if you downloaded the ToolChain version from my website, then there have been no new "official releases" since then but since 2016, it's all open source and I have put out a link to a little preview version with some interesting new sequencer features into the video description here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJBlx-lGvKU

If you are technically inclined, you can always compile the latest version yourself from the source code:

https://github.com/RobinSchmidt/RS-MET

(the "work" branch of the repo is always the one with the latest and greatest feature additions). ...but for a new official release, there are a lot of bugs that need to be fixed and ideally the whole build-system needs to be updated, new plugin-formats need to be supported and so on. I hope that some time within this year, ToolChain may become part of the Surge product line to get some help from the community with all these infrastructural and administrative tasks.

...I also bought a TD-3 semi-recently (the MO version - in silver because, of course). The real thing is a bit above my budget, but I think, Behringer did a quite good job with this little machine. I think, its filter sounds better than mine especially in mid-to-high resonance settings, so maybe it can help me to tweak and improve my own implementation
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

Return to “rs-met”