ToolChain released

Official support for: rs-met.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi KVR,

long time no see! after a long while, i have uploaded a new plugin. it's actually a sort of shell-plugin that is many plugins in one. it shall replace all my former single-purpose plugins:

http://www.rs-met.com/freebies.html

...because it's just sooo much more hassle-free to have to maintain only a single project. oh, and it contains my two commercial plugins as well. so, they just went freeware, too. merry christmas to you all! :D
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

Thanks a lot!

Sorry reporting some problems in another thread: FYI

viewtopic.php?p=6968764#p6968764

-Cheers

btw: Great to see some new stuff from RS-MET, like many here, my familiarity and fondness of your work goes way back...

Thank you very much! Merry Christmas to you too.
Was wondering about those 2 commercial vsts.
Using midi monitor for years but AcidDevil is my favorite of all included. Would be awesome if steplenght can be automated.
I will definitely explore others further.

Thank you! Engineers Filter is one of the only 32-bit plugins I still had installed, and now I have a 64-bit version! Yay!

Any chance of bringing in the Crossover plugin into the shell?
Play it by ear

Thanks, I look forward to trying it. Also I'm hoping that the engineer filter has had it's denormal floats problem taken care of, because I like to use that one a lot.

Should Pitchshifter appear in ToolChain? I do not see it listed in ToolChain, and using the Pitchshifter VST directly does not work (using 64-bit Ableton in Windows 10.)

In any case thank you so much for this!

AcidDevil is my favorite of all included. Would be awesome if steplenght can be automated.
indeed. it's on the todo list.
Was wondering about those 2 commercial vsts.
yeah, i just did not yet get around updating the website yet. i guess , i'll keep them online for legacy host/project compatibility and just put some universal license files into the download archives...
Any chance of bringing in the Crossover plugin into the shell?
at the moment, i couldn't include it because ToolChain has 2 ins and 2 outs and crossover needs 8 outs. if i can figure out how to deal with a dynamic number of input and output channels, yes.
I'm hoping that the engineer filter has had it's denormal floats problem taken care of
yes, i'm flushing denormals to zero (ftz/daz) on the framework level now (was formerly adding some tiny constants in every filter iir class ... :cry: )
Should Pitchshifter appear in ToolChain? I do not see it listed in ToolChain
i have a multieffect unit in the pipeline (4 effect slots into which you can also load various modules with free routing between them) and i'm not yet sure, if i will make PitchShifter available only as sub-module in the multi-effect and/or if i should make it available on the ToolChain level. but yes, eventually, in one way or another (or both), it should be included in the future

I have to ask, will there be a 32-bit build eventually?

camsr wrote:I have to ask, will there be a 32-bit build eventually?
is 32-bit actually still relevant? if so, i could do it

Music Engineer wrote:
camsr wrote:I have to ask, will there be a 32-bit build eventually?
is 32-bit actually still relevant? if so, i could do it
Yep, interested too :)

I still use a 32-bit DAW so it's relevant to me :D
Mainly just so I can use all those older plugins without problems.

mr schmidt, thank you! this is amazing! :party:
works like a charm

as a licensed user of straightliner, i used it in a lot of projects. is there a possibility to call it as an instance separately? or do i need it keeping installed? if yes, is there a 64bit version coming?

--edit
ohh and automation? :D

So I had some time to spend with this and I have bad news:
It's can't be loaded as an instrument inside FL12 (regognized as an FX)
It loaded as an FX but crashed two times (access violation inside FL12 32 bit and total crash inside FL12 64bit)

FL12.5, Win7, I7 processor

connmach wrote:mr schmidt, thank you! this is amazing! :party:
works like a charm
glad to hear that!
as a licensed user of straightliner, i used it in a lot of projects. is there a possibility to call it as an instance separately? or do i need it keeping installed? if yes, is there a 64bit version coming?
i actually do not intend to update any of the old plugins for use as separate plugin. it would just be another big fat dll file with a lot of redundant code in it (the framework i use - juce - has become rather bloated compared to what it was back in the day), so it makes just more sense to have it all in a single plugin. if i would offer every module in ToolChain as separate dll, each would have a size comparable to the whole ToolChain where most of the code would be redundant. it's just a waste of memory. it's also much easier to maintain just one product.

oh, and thanks for buying straightliner :D
ohh and automation? :D
indeed - you can attach plugin-parameters to host visible "meta-parameters". i really need to write a user manual at some point but i guess you figured that out already. for some technical reasons, it doesn't work for all parameters yet - but i'm working on it...

btw.: the meta-system is destined to become much more powerful in the future - by inserting a customizable mapping function between the meta-parameter and its target low-level parameter(s). each target-parameter will have its own mapping function, so you can couple various lower-level parameters in musically useful ways. ...more work to do - it doesn't get boring :hyper:

Return to “rs-met”