Engineers Filter

Official support for: rs-met.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.Thanks one more time!
sometimes it could be very useful even for musicians...

heavily saturated sublows can be easily eliminated with chebychev loshelf for example while shelfs and passes of std eqs may be useless

think must have!

ps
i remember about linear phase eq :roll:

any host can compensate latency and think ringing may be only with very narrow filters
well to help you to start with 8) i can say it should be IIR based and oversampled ten times :D and rest is very easy :lol:

but seriously i guess it involves more mathematics then i have calculate while at school for 10 years :?
but may be next year on Christmas :wink: ...

Good Luck!

I joined this forum following the link of Robin Schmidt's Music Engineering Tools.
After testing EasyQ, CrossOver and EngineersFilter under the mask of LiveProfessor Beta 2.03 I found them very useful for my purposes of generating a simple crossover tool for my PC speakers. The annoying point is that the settings of CrossOver and EngineersFilter are not recalled by the host when the project is loaded whereas EasyQ works fine. At least CrossOver is updated when clicking on the graph. I opened the *.rack file of LiveProfessor where the project is saved with the Win editor. Here I noticed that the LASTSTATE_SNAPSHOT for EasyQ is started with the header <Equalizer and ended with the header </Equalizer>. The other 2 plugins generate only the starting header but the ending one is missing. This is pure guessing of the reason and I don't know where to address my request. Therefor I have send the same email to ifoundasound and I hope to get help from either side.

Cheers

Georg (German Member)

SynAudio wrote:I joined this forum following the link of Robin Schmidt's Music Engineering Tools.
After testing EasyQ, CrossOver and EngineersFilter under the mask of LiveProfessor Beta 2.03 I found them very useful for my purposes of generating a simple crossover tool for my PC speakers. The annoying point is that the settings of CrossOver and EngineersFilter are not recalled by the host when the project is loaded whereas EasyQ works fine. At least CrossOver is updated when clicking on the graph. I opened the *.rack file of LiveProfessor where the project is saved with the Win editor. Here I noticed that the LASTSTATE_SNAPSHOT for EasyQ is started with the header <Equalizer and ended with the header </Equalizer>. The other 2 plugins generate only the starting header but the ending one is missing. This is pure guessing of the reason and I don't know where to address my request. Therefor I have send the same email to ifoundasound and I hope to get help from either side.

Cheers

Georg (German Member)
Hi
I tested this now in LiveProfessor. as you say EasyQ works fine but the two others don't update their GUI when they receive the VST-chunk (using effSetChunk) The settings are applied but the GUI controls (freq, etc) does not update.
The thing with the XML headers has nothing to do with it, since the preset files are in the same format, and also LiveProfessor only saves the data it gets from the plugin when sending a "effGetChunk" to the plugin.
The plugins update their GUI with the correct settings if the you close and open the GUI window (effEditClose and effEditOpen)

Any info from the developers on why this could be (what is the differences between the plugins) would be great. I guess it is a bug in both our code.

Nikolai
(LiveProfessor developer)

(P.S Why don't the plugins support automation parameters?)

Engineer's filter! Very nice. Chebyshev filters are great for reshaping sounds, even radically.

A long shot but are you planning on releasing mac versions of these plugs namely the engineer eq as i am struggling to find a simmilar plug for my set up.

Reagdrs,

Derren

derrenbobafat wrote:A long shot but are you planning on releasing mac versions of these plugs namely the engineer eq ...
well - abstract plans in the back of my head, yes. but concretely currently no progress, sorry.
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

SynAudio wrote:I joined this forum following the link of Robin Schmidt's Music Engineering Tools.

Cheers

Georg (German Member)
I can confirm this with the latest version of liveprofessor aswell. Robin, any input?

Just a thanks for this great one!
I hope you are ok and working on some interesting stuff :)
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Return to “rs-met”