Thanks for MIDI Monitor!

Official support for: rs-met.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was trouble-shooting some MIDI streams between my DAW, OP-X and my BCR2000 tonight. MIDI Monitor saved me from a very large headache!

Thank you for it, and all the freebies on your site. I also use the Signal Analyzer a lot, even though I have some similar high-priced utilities for that.

I really appreciate the quality of your software, and it's straightforward, no-nonsense design. It is simply elegant.

:)
Dave Burns
Lowell, MA

More equipment than skill...

dburns wrote:I was trouble-shooting some MIDI streams between my DAW, OP-X and my BCR2000 tonight. MIDI Monitor saved me from a very large headache!

Thank you for it, and all the freebies on your site. I also use the Signal Analyzer a lot, even though I have some similar high-priced utilities for that.

I really appreciate the quality of your software, and it's straightforward, no-nonsense design. It is simply elegant.

:)
hi Dave,

and thanks for the appreciation. glad to be of service. :D
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

Hello!

I'm trying to use this VST to see the sysex messages from a Rodgers 535 organ. I have the sysex option selected in the filter options, but I don't see any sysex messages when I select stops. I do see the program change and cc messages when I play the keyboard.

Any ideas what might be happening?

Thanks,
Hartley

Hartley Mays wrote:I don't see any sysex messages when I select stops.
you mean you don't see sysex when the host's playback/transport-control is in "stop"-status? do you see some when the host is playing, or else in yet some other state? what host is it?

I tested again tonight starting the transport, and there was no difference in behavior: the note off/on and cc messages were echoed but not the sysex.

The host program is Reaper from Cockos on Windows 7 64 bit.

I'll post a question about this on the Reaper forum also.

Thanks for the quick response,
Hartley

OK, i will also try it in the coming days. could be that some hosts don't forward sysex to plugins. but could also be that it's a bug in the plugin. sysex was (and is) a bit difficult to test for me. damn - i've almost forgotten about how to create sysex-events. but i have a harware synth around that can send some "bulk-dump" data - some decade ago, i used that quite regularly. but nowadays, i really have to look it up in the manual. gimme a couple of days

I posted a query on the Reaper forum about this, and found out that there's a vst midi plugin supplied with Reaper which also logs midi. It displays the sysex messages that I was expecting to see, so I think there probably is a bug in your handling of these events. The sysex messages from the Rodgers are about 16 bytes long; they're not nearly the size of bulk dumps.

Later,
Hartley

Any update planned to Midi Monitor?
For me it doesn't work in Bitwig, the plugin is crashing!
«» Music everywhere.. | Bitwig & Kushview Element user «»

Return to “rs-met”