Oversampling algorithm at FuncShaper

Official support for: rs-met.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, Robin!

I use your FuncShaper for many years and I find it the best shaper (not just among the free ones) for me. I like it's sound -
сrisp, transparent and concrete.

I've made some measurements and I saw that aliasing suppression is brilliant. But I also know some other well antialiased products that have same spectral picture but different sound (more vague and dirty) with the same upsampling rate.

As I guess, the difference is in the LP filters used during upsampling and downsampling.

I understand that my next question will be cheeky but yet let me ask: what filters have you used in FuncShaper oversampling algorithm?

Sorry for being so plain at my interest and feel free to point the right place for me to go to :)

Thanks anyway!

ok, this post is a lot of years old, but since i think it might still be relatable to some people, like me, because i feel the same about funcshaper, i would like to point everyone, who reads this, to this part of rs-met's webpage, which has papers written by the developer, also about filter design. http://www.rs-met.com/tutorials.html

maybe we can find something about oversampling in there as well.

Return to “rs-met”