ToolChain released

Official support for: rs-met.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Totolitoto wrote:So I had some time to spend with this and I have bad news:
It's can't be loaded as an instrument inside FL12 (regognized as an FX)
It loaded as an FX but crashed two times (access violation inside FL12 32 bit and total crash inside FL12 64bit)

FL12.5, Win7, I7 processor
ok, thanks - i'll look into that soon. i guess it has once again to do with with the wildly varying audio-buffer sizes of FL (that's rather typical). ..although the plugin should actually not have a problem with that ...we'll see
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

Totolitoto wrote:
Music Engineer wrote:
camsr wrote:I have to ask, will there be a 32-bit build eventually?
is 32-bit actually still relevant? if so, i could do it
Yep, interested too :)

Yes please! :pray: :)

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the freebie. This is awesome. I've noticed some flac files seemed to be missing for some of the presets in straighlliner. At least that's what It says with an error box.

They are Cello2, metallicbass.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

paradiddle wrote:Hi Robin,
Thanks for the freebie. This is awesome. I've noticed some flac files seemed to be missing for some of the presets in straighlliner. At least that's what It says with an error box.
They are Cello2, metallicbass.
Thanks for noticing. I solved the problem (tested just in those 2 presets) by downloading extra pack for Straighliner from rms-met website. Direct link: http://www.rs-met.com/sounds/samples/CyclePack.zip
Its on Strighliner main page http://www.rs-met.com/description_straightliner.html

Cool Bojan, didn't see thoses. Thanks

p.s. I just did it but I had to merge both folders cuz when I replaced the old with the link you provided, some more flacs files were missing. Now it's perfect.

Good news that it's still develop, thanks. Still hope for Pitch Shifter (my fav from rsmet collection) and automation ability ofcourse.

The dev mentioned more modules are coming!

Many thanks to you Music Engineer!

Just want to let you know that ToolChain is being (re) scan (for validation) each time I launch Logic (10.3.3).

Hi all. Late to the party as I've just discovered these tools and ToolChain specifically. Great stuff, very useful and nicely put together!

I am using ToolChain at the moment to separate out bands for multiband processing. I would love to do this using Crossover but the way I want to do it is a little different - I'm using Reaper and a script called FxRack that basically replicates the functionality of Blue Cat's Patchwork using native Reaper plugin hosting and routing. It basically places its own splitter and joiner plugins at either end of a grid where you can drop any other plugin in parallel chains. Ideal for creating a flexible multiband setup (or MS or any other combination you can dream up, of course!) if you just split out individual bands that are then summed at the end of the chain.

So if Crossover can be adapted within the ToolChain setup to be able to solo a band and send it out the main outputs, that would work (I wasn't able to figure out how to get standalone Crossover to do this, though I didn't try very hard because I'd prefer to keep the whole thing 64-bit anyway). But for now I'm using multiple instances of Engineer Filter using pairs of Butterworth 2nd-order filters to create Linkwitz-Riley crossovers and thus isolate bands; then the parameters controlling the crossover frequencies can be linked and controlled as one. This works pretty well, and is highly configurable (for example, it's possible to raise the order of the filters to create steeper slopes)... but I believe I'm theoretically missing a step because my research has suggested that Allpass filters should be used to counter phase issues at the crossover points. I'm not doing that yet, though I've experimented with it, but haven't managed to get it set up in a way that makes things sound better as opposed to worse... so I assume I'm doing it wrong.

So a three-part question for Robin would be, a) are the Allpass filters essential? b) can ToolChain / Engineer Filter be used to create Allpass filters as well (I gather they're also just combined Butterworth filters), and if so where should they go? and finally c) what do you think about incorporating a version of Crossover into Toolchain that, rather than splitting into multiple outputs, simply allows solo'ing frequency bands and sending whatever is solo'd to the main outputs? Would be simpler than my homespun chain of Engineer Filters. Although I will confess I'm enjoying learning about crossover design as I go!

OK that's all for now.. again, greatly appreciating your work and generosity in providing these tools to the community, and I look forward to exploring them more! Also, hey, we're practically neighbors, I also live in Berlin!
tobias tinker
sonic adventures and experiments at:
tobiastinker.com
----
music is easy; just start with complete silence and take away the parts you don't like!

(Sorry, it was a mistake)

Toolchainer is a great freebie. The one slight problem, as noted above for Logic users, is that every time Logic is loaded it has to revalidate the plugin -- possibly because it thinks it's a new install -- which slows down startup time. Logic's plugin manager indicates that there is an 'invalid' version number. If this simple matter was fixed then I think the problem would go away.

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Music Engineer wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:09 pm Hi KVR,
Multianalizer Left Rigt Channel Color?
Thanks You!

I noticed that that aciddevil id not synced properly to the host .
Why not release this as a separate vst plugin , it sounds marvelous , almost on par with abl3 .
Great to seen independent control over accent decay time
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

As a matter of fact , aciddevil is always running at 140 bpm when using the built in sequencer >
Can we somehow change this please
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “rs-met”