Lyrics 2.0

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some heady inspiration to be had with the Lyrics 2.0 app. Many of the words I've used in my tracks use cut-up techniques, so I'm right at home with this. Thanks man :tu:

you restored above your prison
I never reply
in a wrapper beside those veins
of the probable ruminator

defend them over here
avowing in those upholders
with that cunning autumn
violently sunk that outside a fame

you had rarely been diving
with those servers our maps would burn
you squealed astride a user
orbited to this central spin

for sure :) i think there's a "its/it's" bug and an article tense error in there, it's one of my creations that got used more than once :)

like sometimes, right, if like, the news, or forums aren't like, giving me enough satisfaction, i'll read that instead. probably more insightful and truthful than anything online in the contemporary alleged "cultural" climate. relatively innocuous. and, it always knows what i'm doing :hihi:

of course the fact that i'm reading a machine for any sign of autonomous consideration in the modern age usually brings me to tears a short time later.

i think, like, what if, just what if, right, there was a forum for people who were into like cultural advancement and they just like talked about the technology in a cooperative, synergetic, helpful way without trying to cut each other up and everybody just like had benefit and it was nice and were even friendly. then i remember kilo at dancetech is the loneliest poster on the web. they were good days. i remember when electronic musician meant, not a breadhead, somebody interested in progress.

then software happened.

before i get even more boring,
if you're interested for some reason,

here's a bit of lyrics 1.0. no rhymes and tended to have these run-on chains of adjectives that set its own style :) this one was "well received" by many kvr luminaries of the day about how bizarre it all was. and it was bizarre, then jackdark made music, then the banana guy.
https://xoxos.bandcamp.com/track/when-e ... instrument
i like "sail but somehow visit the ear" some as well.

klartaganza.

and watch out, or before long you'll turn into ron pellegrino posting about cyber elves. jealous, possessive, cyber elves with big horns.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

the thing is,

it may seem like a weird post,

but think for a minute

if *you* weren't allowed to talk openly about things because you live in an oppressive state "covertly" policed by total bastards so that you couldn't say the simplest honest thing without detriment,

you'd often find yourself feeling like, "i'd like to say something here, but it doesn't matter at all what i say because society is so screwed in the head that they'd only become enraged"

materialism, is a slave philosophy. problem is, lots of people think the slavekeeper philosophy is the logical step up from that (maybe they can make it all the way to the top of the abuse pyramid) so anyone with a cogent mind appears to be absolutely insensate when attempting to convey descriptions of the real world. i might as well just say, wooglie wooglie woo, i'm the crazy developer.

"when you cut into the present, the future leaks through" - w.s. burroughs
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Hi, both Lyrics and Words are great little apps.

Would you consider some 'presets' for Words? The distribution of letters in English language, French language, ..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_frequency
I've tried myself, roughly, and you can indeed coax a higher proportion of pronounceable words by honing the letter probabilities, and end up sounding less Klingon. I know you don't capture the n-grams (common letter sequences) with your app... But there's interesting stuff out there about that too, e.g. http://scottbryce.com/cryptograms/stats.htm, http://norvig.com/mayzner.html

Lyrics is a little gem tho.

Regarding your thoughts on materialism and such, you're not wrong.

Eanna wrote: Regarding your thoughts on materialism and such, you're not wrong.
cheers, yeah, i know it's more that i'm that odd sort that needs to say and hear it out loud* despite the sensibility of not doing so being grossly obviated.. :oops:

had to think for a minute, "words.." aah that thingy with letter probability. prolly no update as it's such a piece of fluff. stimulating for applications where you need inspiration for creating dozens of fantasy names but didn't work for me as well as i thought it might.

*it helps to constitute a rich fantasy life where i believe something may actually progress for the better in human affairs.. and that all my aspirations are worthwhile.. :hihi:

Return to “xoxos”