music

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this thread is more for old time kvr than vst enthusiasts, cos i prefer not to oblige people.. it's why my advertising is relatively light, because intruding on the attention of others for my own interests weights upon my sense of the world and such. so don't rush off and listen unless you're apt for an experience fitting that criteria.

i realised years ago that my sensibility for music differed from what i consider to be a more populous demographic my younger self might have enjoyed. as with many points, in brief for thoroughness.. teens through the eighties and a polycultural vantage corresponded with appreciation of the use of electronic music for memetic application. i was struck by how strongly music influenced people, and have spoken on it at length here for many years, to the point of saying my life's focus is in memetics, more than music. (worded of course for those who believe in a difference). what others may see as unfocused genre makes sense from the vantage of music as memetic implementation.

the aesthetic pleasure certainly is, well was primary, generally reduced if not extinct by now due to 'objectivity' and other 'nuances of my personality' aah isn't writing fun no let's call it my sense of envaluation by application. and aging. i have eg. recognised that.. my overt lack of method for capturing the attention of the listener, as imo an unkindness, reduces my reception, perhaps effectiveness comparatively. well you know there's different types of music often the appeal of mine has limited relevancy.

now that i'm writing this it seems like an ego stroke request, my thought was.. the music cafe encourages discussion of songs, how do other people react to my aural output in general. are there characteristics or songs you find you associate with the thought. if you could pick a few pieces to demonstrate, what would make my grate-est hits. you understand, i was thinking about my music and this was a subset of that scope :hihi: perhaps if i see methods continuing in future work (aural or otherwise) such enquiry may benefit. thread. talk about me. or yourself.

see what's the good, too much online it becomes an part of your head. you can't get through the day without oh how does kvr think about this. could it be bloody useful. bam bam bam bam bam. yes we're hitting them again.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

yes i stopped listening to.. music society hears about long ago.. and of course consequently the output of most persons. people don't really understand, because memetics isn't at the forefront of consideration for many.............

yesterday i had a "recommended for you" (wreck o men dead for you) video, wu tang vs. the beatles. i guess wu tang released their acapellas and youtube is chock full of (ad)versions. i never really was into wu tang despite (years ago) the enthusiasm of their listeners.. used to think that the west/east coast early 90's acts were intentional to detract from popular response to public enemy.. but since then, of course, one observes chuck d's enthusiasm for masons and masonry (ie. how all the famous rappers are referenced as "Greatness") and you can guess... as i say, if you have heard of them, they own them. most early 90's rap (not a favourite genre by far, only socially pertinent round 'ere) reintroduced gratification and egoic based fear/subjectivity to replace the selfless social concern of "nation of millions".

and honestly, a bit of magic in there, the beatles went *really well* with wu tang, well enough that one wondered if this was the original production and the beatles material was stripped and replaced before publication ha. it fit that well.. so another ear. half hour in, "we're true, we're true.." yes. truth. blunt honestly about cultural predation and social institutions.

so why isn't this good... a half hour of "candor" and One is against a sedulous wall of oppression, the subjectivity of the paradigm, left a Little man in a Big man's world. and that's the trade off... how "the devil" always works... leave a little, take a little.. you be the little... i can see why anyone listening to such material would justify selfish actions.

music is a terrible thing. an intensely engaging presentation which we are accustomed to subjugate ourselves to in order to properly "enjoy" the "entertainment" of the experience (i think we should all consider the coldest, most absolute meaning of the verb "entertain" - it doesn't come off so jolly when you truly deal with exactly, precisely what the word means). for decades i have purported that the occasions for music in culture should be .. if not strictly regimented, then at least treated with utmost consideration (which is of course what one ought to exercise for all things in existence and otherwise). i've often said, one of the most striking statements imo about music... from macross zero.. a primitive island reveals artifacts of a mecha civilisation from the past, with the time of tribulation being marked by "the coming of the bird men" ....of course, the audience simply interprets this as the valkyrie mecha but it really means, of the paid, hired performer... the mouth for hire. the memetic distribution agent.

and i've talked about world war two and the proliferation of radio many times. we wer ehere before you were born.. so what else do you know? to have music so widespread in culture and human experience, is not benefit. what is profound is as common as crap and therefore regarded with the same consideration. we cannot recognise as our context is thorougly debased, how can we perceive when we believe we are so "well informed".

there are so many things wrong with music as it is... eg. for many of you... it's an excuse to spend years of your life hunched over a device and deteriorate your physiology. that's another lecture... most contemporary activities being more avoidance than predeliction, just like most of your careers. but, you accept that as normal.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

also for old hands: beta testing (beta teaseting?), pm if you are hoary.

since this thread seems to be the happening schpot round here,

if you received an email about beta testing at the beginning of the month, the item has been updated (same link) ... pdf and pitch mod in synth mode. probably finalised but will let it simmer for a few weeks.

because of the "efficiency" aesthetic, pitch mod is calculated once per wavecycle (effectively sample and hold), and the rate can be driven fast enough for generative, stochastic kind of things. i think it's probably complete now as there's a pleasant range of textures available from the simple architecture. there are a few more patches to demo this effect.

Return to “xoxos”