buy your dream xoxos vst

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i'm obligated to increase income and so my "full range of services" :-o are for hire.

if you have been directed here, note that this extends to vst 2.4 (via the SE sdk) and win32 applications. i'll let you know what i can do, payment split between alpha/proof, completion, and balance at period of satisfactory use.

also note that i'd advise against hiring me :D better to diy, fit ability to where the inspiration and insight spring from. and i'll probably suggest another way with things already in existence anyway.

such an earnest marketplace presence :hug:
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Loving your devices, i fear i can´t make you a serious offer.
If you could help me make stooner/adze work in bitwig studio i´d send some bucks your way though. BWS seems to have trouble with a few of your plugs (or maybe synthedit in general), if yore interested, need more info or a tester i´ll gladly help.

I still dream of being able to externally sync the lfo's in Elder Thing.... What would it take?

careful parameterisation :) and perhaps periodic use of the gate reset..

impetus of the original post is generally moot at present. the art deco on the gui was sort of fun to do, but ET is an avoidable for me. $15k?
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Hello,

I need something like the caprice "reduce" but virtually with no artifacts.

SpectralMonkeyage had the same principle (and sounds fair). Melda spectral dynamics almost can do it, except it starts to sound not that good. Waves X-Noise produces artifacts but it's an alternative. Soundhack spectral shapers don't allow fft size change (in PC version).

Ideas to better sound on the spectral expander:

- non linear expansion ie. exponential or logaritmic
- averaged threshold for a number of selectable bins
- sustained threshold (not sure)
- attack, hold and release options
- increase buffer
- select window type
- something I don't know to make that sound good

I already heard a studio performing a sound like this in Russia (!), pure and clean sound on full mixes.

Flexible payments via paypal.

Thanks!

Antonio

Europe

hmm.. theoretically (admittedly i'm a good tier below others in this field for theoretical practice) i can't see a reduction method that would necessarily guarantee "less artifacty" output.. the idea for caprice is like, "a bunch of very simple to implement methods that people seem to have missed," so what you have is more about what's easy and efficient to do.

options for averaging and scaling methods might be incidentally better with some signals. envelope following would reduce "chirp garble" and sound more "cohesive" as output, and probably be a good step closer to the effect you are looking for.

well... at present i'm taking a dsp haitus to use my time off for domestic tasks, and am casually starting with mingw and the vst 2.4 sdk instead of borland fclt and the synthedit sdk. it doesn't look like i'm going to be able to do the vst 3/64 bit releases that i'd like to (afaik mingw64 doesn't quite work properly from 32 bit os), but the definate advantage will be customising the gui, so eg. spectral editing will benefit. this idea gives me a solid application and advantage in using 2.4 over SE.

no guarantees as i've got a lot of painting to do and i hate sdks and i'm basically out of weed, but mingw seems to have some good vst resources so it's possible :) i must thank you for mentioning it, as apart from gui, 2.4 offers me no advantage over sesdk, so switching sdks mostly seems like a bunch of fuss with no advantage... except for spectral editing!

"envelope following would reduce "chirp garble" and sound more "cohesive" as output, and probably be a good step closer to the effect you are looking for"

Now we are talking good! That's what I'm talking about.

In case you didn't notice, some Russian and European studios follow this effect offering +100K for it... and even more, much more.

In my case, since I'm poor, I would do a mortgage if this sounds just like the orginial I heard. :)

My only concern is that maybe the Russian guys who developed it are some geniuses who made MIR Spacial Station (the audio effect was available since year 2004, claimed as a dynamics effect), and it will be hard to get into it. :phones:

Thanks,

Antonio

rereading, maybe you should clarify how you imagine this working :D it's intended to be a creative process, to make things sound more like mp3 compression artifacts tbh so i guess i was kinda off in space thinking you were looking for some specific weirdness. for making an entire mix "pure and clean" by removing lower amplitude bins.. i never thought to use it that way.. it seems sort of like polishing your chrome with a belt sander.. does it sound good on big speakers or something?

You got it right.

In fact, seems to me that mp3 compression artifacts are the opposite of this effect.

But removing lower amplitude bins are not trivial. Music is not flat, so we will need an adaptive threshold or something similar.

For example ReaFir from cockos, compressor at 0.84 (up expanding), sound similar but it increases too much gain with volume + artifacts. Inverting the compressor (at say 1.05) create artifacts because it doesn't have attack and release options anyway.

If it sounds good. Imagine a small stadium of people waiting to listen to it outside the system. I listened two times, for 10 minutes each. Waited 6 hours to hear it. :love:

It's going to be bad!!!! :hihi:

Antonio

And after all these years I wonder if they're not using some kind of a vocoder...

Antonio

"good" is one of those interesting terms like "love" that has several meanings that inconveniently share the same word.

anything played on stadium speakers i would say "sounds good" because by being superloud it is definately a "good" match for the quality of being "sound". course you know that already :)

in my imagination i could see how "finer" reduction algorithms could produce more desirable effects, but not really making sound better.. course this may be my own deficit.

in music and most things, i'm somewhat of a brutalist, i like the stark candor of raw processes, showing the flaws as well as the strengths, so that my music has an "unrefined" sheen to it, where i haven't "tucked and folded" to conceal anything that might obscure the process to the listener to retain focus on the ...what others may select as illusion or departure of conventional music for entertainment/entrainment.

in other words, my music sucks comparatively :hihi:

i'm kinda lost as to what you intended, but spectral processing still gives me impetus for mingw :)

years do funny things too :) impression of lynda trang dai's backing vocals on her cover of "love in the shadows" sounds like autotune, but we're looking at c. 1985. i'm relatively sure it's just a chorus and a good vocal performance/selection of harmony.

hey, after all these years someone finally posted it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5vTeu53Wqs

(can't even hear them on lap speaks, the low female harmony not the high male one)

Hi,

About the small stadium of people. I meant about 2000 guys waiting to hear a studio system in an dedicated event in St. Petersburg.

Antonio

Return to “xoxos”