bong vst

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Had some wiered problem today with some kick modes (I think 1-4). Somehow the REL parameter controlled the length of the noise. Before that it behaved normally but after some mode switching the REL parameter seemed stuck and worked completely different than before (shorten the decay parameter). It lenghtend the noise sound. The higher the REL the longer the noise. Fixed it via relaoading BONG and could not reproduce it since then.

Btw very interesting TONE concept on kick modes 6-8. I like that waveform. A little bit like a mix between sine and triangle. :)

And would you pls so kind and explain both the variable and seed seettings? Which one to set at what to get STATIC noise (would liek to avoid that xD). And how does seed work here? Does this one is some kind of random noise pattern? I know how it works on some of your other devices. But eg on some kickmodes I like to have a higher seed value while plaing with low pitch base sounds then eg on other sounds. Sounds better to my ears sometime. I just want to understand the basic settings and what happens to them.

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

if you have a problem with the rim, if you can record the output or take a look at it with the scope, tell me if it's at dc0 or not.. (maybe amplifying it a lot would help to differentiate) as i haven't had any problem using it.

noise:
0 vary = same sound
full vary = constant variation
inbetween = you get it

seed allows you to select a different noise output so that if all your sounds are set to 0 vary, they don't all have the same noise waveform.

the release param will affect the length of both the noise and the oscillator. it may seem more overt at some decay settings than others, and may make the noise seem perceptually longer, but it's using the same envelope as the oscillator, they're locked together.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:if you have a problem with the rim, if you can record the output or take a look at it with the scope, tell me if it's at dc0 or not.. (maybe amplifying it a lot would help to differentiate) as i haven't had any problem using it.

noise:
0 vary = same sound
full vary = constant variation
inbetween = you get it

seed allows you to select a different noise output so that if all your sounds are set to 0 vary, they don't all have the same noise waveform.

the release param will affect the length of both the noise and the oscillator. it may seem more overt at some decay settings than others, and may make the noise seem perceptually longer, but it's using the same envelope as the oscillator, they're locked together.
Cool thanks. That helps a lot.

I reproduced it today. Not quite sure when this exactly happened but perhaps when I sterted using extrem short timing midi settings. I think I encountered that kind of problem when I started with 1/128 piano roll scale.

Anyway, the whole velocity concept is pure gold. That & the decay concept. I programmed some snare rolls today and used some 1/128, 1/64, 1/32 & 1/16 note length. Dang they sound completely different. And then with different velocity...:)

I am a happy beat programmer.

regards
Sebastian

Driving Bong with MTonic is Pure and utter ecstasy Image

been busy and still haven't set up my compiler on the system i'm using (should get to it today), but there's a thought.. i'm pretty sure it's bulletproof because i've been doing this for ages and don't skip stuff like that... if the notes are really short, the release may be applied to the "drain/prep" ~1ms segment at the beginning. i'll double check that to ensure it doesn't allow for freaky stuff. thanks for the info!

afa the clap on program change thing, i'm pretty sure i know exactly where the issue lies, wish i'd handled it before i got to this point.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

well, dang. got everything installed and linked up.

found i'd already applied the 'fix' to the clap hanging on program changes that i had in mind, which is good (means i'm not lazy) and not good as it means i haven't found why it does that yet.

i *did* find where the 'trigger' param was being unresponsive for you halma, so that's fixed. it doesn't update unless the decay is changed, so that's why you could hear no difference :) i apologise for presuming you weren't hearing it.

big trouble, or really, small trouble:

my monitor is only 600 pixels high. synthedit automatically resizes gui height in opened projects to fit on the monitor, which means i am simply not able to export the plugin from this system unless it has a vertical scroll bar and is only about 550 pixel high. i can borrow someone else's computer occasionally, but i would prefer to avoid using it altogether as it's a tenuous system and any fault from operation would indebt me. so, at least when all issues are fixed, i can provide an update.

until then i'll wait so that i'm not issuing update after update for these three things (clap trigger not updating, clap hanging on program change, rim decay on very short triggers).

so, i can really use your help! if you spot a bug, like the clap hanging on program change, please investigate it! i don't currently know if the hanging part is the 'hall' or the main part of the clap.. you can test by modulating gain or stereo when it hangs.. i'll have to petition that later. same with the rim.. if you have a problem with it, please notice which model (they are different chunks of code) and anything else you can tell me that seems significant about the patch or sequence.

overall, adapting to my system in miniature isn't so bad and kind of fits with my "CMD paradigm" aesthetic. a bit more of a strain on the neck to peer downwards at a tinier screen, as long as i'm careful i and my neck will persist.

hmm... actually, i'll see if i can find the window "handicap accessibility" feature which allows windows to be relocated with arrow keys so that i can scoot the top of the window off the screen and readjust the bottom to include the entire gui..

edit, windows accessibility (click on top left icon part of window, alt+spacebar) does allow me to drag the window off the top of the screen, but still gives me a max window size which is about 30 pixels smaller than it needs to be.. good enough to test with, but not to export with.

Sorry to hear that with your computer.

I will check out if I can reproduce any of my "bugs" today and investigate them further for you if they occure.

Have not come across any other problems and I have tried a lot. Only a few perc modes have not got the attention they deserved because I was too busy in experimenting with the kick, snare & hh modes. :) The osc/noise combo in the hh section is really nice.

And your brush mode rocks. Took me some time and a few youtube "how to play drums with brush" videos but finally I found the hang of it. Thats fun. :)

Regards
Sebastian

Hey,

the clave bug happened today again so I made some screens for you. I am working @ 48kHz. Host is Reaper 4.55 on XPSP3.

Bug: Clave stops working. No sound, no noise...nothing. Can be resetted via mod change or patch reload. BUT I discovered that you hear some distorted stuff if you turn either the amp or pan knobs while midi track is playing and triggering. So I turned those knobs on picture (1) with dc kill on and (3)dc kill off. Picture (2) is dc kill off but I turned no knobs. Track is playing like (1) & (2) so something should be triggered. Hope this helps.

(1) DC KILL ON - AMP KNOB MOVEMENT

(2) DC KILL OFF - NO KNOB MOVEMENT

(3) DC KILL OFF - AMP KNOB MOVEMENT

i *did* find where the 'trigger' param was being unresponsive for you halma, so that's fixed. it doesn't update unless the decay is changed, so that's why you could hear no difference Smile i apologise for presuming you weren't hearing it.
WOOT!!! Top notch. Can't wait to hear the difference.

Regards
Sebastian

thanks, the clave mode is really very simple so it shouldn't be hard to identify where it needs to be curtailed. those expanding waveforms aren't very encouraging but probably indicative.

i found a possible cause for the clap hanging. the release coefficient is only read when a gate is triggered, and there's a threshold to perform the release stage or not, which would cause unpredicted behaviour if switching from a patch with release to a patch with no release. there may be more to it. life isn't conducive to development here atm so it's been slow.

How do we collect/DL the updates ?

there is none to acquire atm, i'll send halma a test and if it doesn't explode then i'll send out an email and post a news item and such.

quite sure i have fixed the rim. i'll poke at the clap a bit more tonight as i'm not sure whether i found the cause, then i have to get onto another pc to compile it, maybe bong will be bug free by this w/e.

Hey guys,

was not quite sure if some of you missed my BRICK KIT for BONG. So I thought I mention it here too. You can find it here: http://www.kvraudio.com/product/bong-vs ... /downloads

I am working on a few more Kits for a "bigger" bank but can't say when they are finished. This one is from today which is strictly for the oldschool Electro heads. Will be in the final bank too. Beefed it up this time with TAL stuff (Plate Vebrs, Uno, Noisemaker, Bitcrusher, Delay), Venom 303 (dang, took me some time to get the host sync mode working) and Bong. Maybe a little bit short but those 28 seconds contain lots of 80s spirit. I hope you enjoy it. :)

https://soundcloud.com/watch-them-kraut ... -beat-rise

Regards
Sebastian

PnP monitor didn't PnP, ms says i need xp sp3 to use multiple monitors, so downloading that at present.. then i can test my bugfixes.

thanks halma. ! this is my first awareness of the downloads and discussions on kvr! what a convenience!

spent w/e replacing a floor, and a monitor cable. floor works okay.

Return to “xoxos”