bong vst

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

xoxos wrote:tp3 - will have a look, sometimes paypal doesn't send me a notice when a purchase is made. please send me an email to xoxosvst, yahoo if there's still no response.
tp3 - i'm not showing any orders that i haven't replied to, just make sure you include your email address or name when you email :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:tp3 - will have a look, sometimes paypal doesn't send me a notice when a purchase is made. please send me an email to xoxosvst, yahoo if there's still no response.

VKBZ - it's definately not misinterpretation when it's done with that kind of regularity and enthusiasm.
Hey thanks (again :D)

Got it
Use it
Like it :tu:

awright :cool:
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Just wanna say that BONG is definitely deeper than I first thought of. Today I tweaked some Kicks (only two or three different modes) for 2-3 hours. I tried some oldschool Electro a la Drexciya "You Don't Know". That tone control can do some serious damage on higer settings in later modes. Especially paired with a long decay rate. Awesome.

I like how many different kick sounds you can get only with one model. Only via tweaking Pitch, Rate, Amount & Tone. Dang that Amount/Rate Combo can produce some serious knock. :)

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

yep, damage, serious knock.

people think i just post messages online for my life. i can't close my finger yet, but it's not infected.

Halma wrote:Just wanna say that BONG is definitely deeper than I first thought of. Today I tweaked some Kicks (only two or three different modes) for 2-3 hours. I tried some oldschool Electro a la Drexciya "You Don't Know". That tone control can do some serious damage on higer settings in later modes. Especially paired with a long decay rate. Awesome.
Coincidentally, I've been really into Drexciya lately, and first thing I did with Bong was compose a bunch of electro tunes :-D

Rah wrote:
Halma wrote:Just wanna say that BONG is definitely deeper than I first thought of. Today I tweaked some Kicks (only two or three different modes) for 2-3 hours. I tried some oldschool Electro a la Drexciya "You Don't Know". That tone control can do some serious damage on higer settings in later modes. Especially paired with a long decay rate. Awesome.
Coincidentally, I've been really into Drexciya lately, and first thing I did with Bong was compose a bunch of electro tunes :-D
Hehe nice. Need to hear them :). Because you said "lately" do you know any other Detroit electro stuff? If not check out Dopplereffekt, Le Car, Ectomorph and AUX88. There is some nice Underground Resistance Electro stuff out there too eg the "Electronic Warfare" 2xLP.

Btw I visited the website of a well known brand today and took a look at their "presentation". Inspired by that I tried the following on my own:

- 1 STOOONER (ADZE is tooooo big for this) with a DRY x0x KICK sample
- 1 BONG (default MODE 1)
- 1 instance of TT Rangemeter on both
- 1 instance of betabugs oscillosmegascope on both (now you can see both waveforms "synced" in one window)

Now I panned Stoooner hard left and BONG hard right. Then I triggered both at the same time.

Apparently something went wrong because I did not hear any differences at first...I checked everything more than twice. But I was not sure if I listened to the sample or the bong sound only...

Finally I realized everything was fine. Left = sample, right=Bong...dang, that algorithm sounds so close that it took me a few minutes to realize that. Just some minor tonal variations but more than 100% of it's charactereristics (aka "better than the original" :D ).

Good job Rurik...probably I had some luck in using the correct sample which matched your default settings pretty closely (99,99999% indentical minus the variable thingy).

Regards
Sebastian

which synth has the variable thingy?-
& are you happy with that behaviour x?
It means renders vary maybe

Hope ur finger pulls up alright mate

nix808 wrote:which synth has the variable thingy?-
& are you happy with that behaviour x?
It means renders vary maybe

Hope ur finger pulls up alright mate
BONG. :)

And yes, I am happy with that. Actually that is one of the reasons why I prefer algorithmic stuff over samples. I hate to sound static and appreciate even subtle modulation that is only slightly audible. We are talking about variable noise here. Not "octave note jumping" :D.

And yes, there might be some unpredictability when it comes to rendering. But that's a) part of the fun for me and b) most of my other synths are doing it as well (free running oscillators mostly) so I am used to render stuff more than once just for a different result.

But BONG behaves utterly stable. I have not come across a situation where I need to render something again because it was "completely different" (some older xoxos stuff is more "unstable" regarding to this). So no worries.

Regards
Sebastian

Halma wrote:Hehe nice. Need to hear them :). Because you said "lately" do you know any other Detroit electro stuff? If not check out Dopplereffekt, Le Car, Ectomorph and AUX88. There is some nice Underground Resistance Electro stuff out there too eg the "Electronic Warfare" 2xLP.
Yeah, mostly Drexciya, Dopplereffeckt and Arpanet. I like all that stuff. Haven't really listened to Aux88 much, I will check them out.

You don't need to hear them, most of them were pretty awful/boring :-p

Rah wrote:
Halma wrote:Hehe nice. Need to hear them :). Because you said "lately" do you know any other Detroit electro stuff? If not check out Dopplereffekt, Le Car, Ectomorph and AUX88. There is some nice Underground Resistance Electro stuff out there too eg the "Electronic Warfare" 2xLP.
Yeah, mostly Drexciya, Dopplereffeckt and Arpanet. I like all that stuff. Haven't really listened to Aux88 much, I will check them out.

You don't need to hear them, most of them were pretty awful/boring :-p
No problem mate.

Check AUX88 "I need to freak" & "Electrotechno". Both Bangers. :)

electro/techno was an mtv hit back in the day. before then i'd have described 'electro' style as 'freestyle' or 'latin bass' (if you're looking for minimal 808 stuff). if you're younger, you've probably heard all the good bits sampled already.

recallability is one of my foremost priorities, you'll rarely see anything since ~2008 that doesn't have a sync option. it's deliberately omitted from the hats here though. everything else ought to be rock solid unless variability is selected in a noise source.

Hey rurik,

just wondering if the trigger parameter works properly? I don't hear any differences at all. They sound exactly the same to me on every "trigger" setting. And I thought maybe between the 808 & 909 style I would at least hear a noticable difference.

Sometimes I also have problems that the clave mod stops working. My workaround so far is switching modes back to rim and clave again. After that most of the time it works properly.

Reaper V4.55, XP SP3

Good job on the toms btw. They sound pretty awesome. Could also be used for cinematic (with extra reverb) or Phil Collins ones. :)

Regards
Sebastian

Halma wrote: Sometimes I also have problems that the clave mod stops working. My workaround so far is switching modes back to rim and clave again. After that most of the time it works properly.
happens to me too, sometimes. Switching presets while Bong plays, but with the clap. Rurik mentioned this, somewhere in the thread. Always managed to get the clap back by stopping transport and reloading presets.

a truly minor nuisance for a deep, addictive sound. just like xoxboxes should be!
and I love that a classic sound can be personalized and tweaked beyond it's original state and still rock. Just started having fun with the tambourine. sick.

:D

?! does this happen with all of the rim modes?!

i noticed the clap getting stuck "on" (it would sound like constant noise) if switching presets.. known bug. never had it stop triggering.

if you look at clap waveforms, the 'trigger' changes the times from eg. 9ms for a period to 11ms, so it's not an overtly discernible change.

thanks for the word.

Return to “xoxos”