bong vst

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i don't think there is one is there

it's *coincidentally* 4:20
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

TR 80N9 +1.

Work a 6 in there 404 the win.

Can we lowly amateurs enjoy this and level up to pro features like 0df and oversampling?

Perhaps a hot-modded version should be the tempter?

Bananas maybe buy it pays to think outside the pot (sometimes) :D

consideration demonstrated.. i inverted the middle of the characters to make 'on' stand out, i didn't think the 8 looked right on the font, so we are be on, G. 8on9 will always be right there for anyone with an imagination.

how to oversample, as per dspguide.com:

1) take yer sample. do stuff.

2) use 0.0 for every time you do it after the first.

3) remove frequencies above (nyquist * 1/oversampling), if present.

4) "decimate the resulting samples" (take one, ignore the rest).

some people talk about oversampling as if it were incredibly difficult to achieve, to an extent where if you search for oversampling, you're more likely to pore through pages of such subversive dissuasion before you find how to actually do it.

that's how oversampling is a "pro" feature, because most people are kept in the dark about it, and accept what other people post at experiential instead of marketing.

haven't made a point of mentioning where i use it lately (eg. the karlsens in adze are 3x). i value cpu conservation more than eliminating a few frequencies above 15k, so "pros" can always indicate products like mine and say they are crap made by amateurs (someone who does something out of love).

as for bong, it's on, and it's going to be extremely expensive. :) it's becoming one of my best accomplishments, and i'm going to shop the dsp to someone who will sell it to you for a lot more than i ever would.

i think we're going on three weeks of sales for adze and i just checked and i've got $50 and i haven't bought anything yet.

no banana pot, no shirts, just another 50b. bag of flour.
Last edited by xoxos on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Well I'm not quite living free but cheap enough to say I'm close. Thanks for asking. I've noticed that installer sizes for even simple pro plugs have increased by an order of magnitude over the last couple of years. Maybe they've incorporated a tenfold improvement in betterness into them. Or intrusive copy protection is resource heavy. I like to believe that a focus group got all dreamy eyed and card happy at the suggestion of MOAR. I may buy one someday.

Perhaps I didn't inflect 0df with enough irony. I'm aware that certain terms are more relevant to the consumer than the user. The Sonnox Inflator apparently used a unique statistical process to betterise your sound but I got near identical results using a well tuned waveshaper. In an equally cynical way I'm not going to buy Adze even for cheap because Stooner is an adequate substitute. If I felt I was missing features I might. I guess I'm not the only one around spoilt by the quality of free stuff i can get.

No doubt Bong will be your finest achievement-since your last one. I still break out Smokey Joe sometimes. What's better than that one?

Many thanks and good wishes to you.

edited my post as you were writing, soz for any perceived discontinuities in thread.

i haven't downloaded xhip lately.

my gratitude (and a license if you want) for your forthright statement of pragmatism. if only we could stop telling each other what we like so much.

and the oversampling treatise was premeditated and imminent.

i believe there was indeed an early 70's japanese drum machine called the bongomatic or similar.

i do not own a bong at present (haven't had a keyboard since 2009), can't say that i consider this the most prudent publicity campaign, yet it goes on..

just made my first non-lowpass filter, fortunate since there's no purported digital equivalent of the bridged-t, and it was coincidentally the one filter that i would know exactly how to make :p i love you, mass-spring algorithm.

this filter is overtly improved by oversampling for the frequency range of the application. i ran tests up to 64x and stopped hearing much difference around 8x, the cpu was well within my tolerance so i bumped the oversampling up to 13x (this only requires using log(13)/log(2) to scale pitch (in octaves) and amplitude).

course, if i write on it "uses 13x oversampling" how many people are going to think "people just make up anything to sell stuff nowadays".

Sing my song, puff all night long
As I take hits from the bong

No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

i love when people have all the stuff ready before there's a product :hihi:

if i put this logo really big on the gui it will look very much.

i always remember in semantics, the bigger something is, the greater it is.

some of these sounds are a success, though, while finding some interesting algorithms, there is some element of the dr110 cymbal oscillators i haven't been able to identify.. XOR or limiting or ???

anyone know a lot about schmitt triggers wants to make a new friend? i'll go ask.

realised i own enough rechargeable AAs to power my dr110 (one of the other things i still own because i carried it around australia). successfully cleaned four dirty pots, still works, kick needs a cap replaced.

so now that i can power it i can answer all my questions myself 8)

tapped each osc et c. and recorded as high rate wavs. surprised to hear the noise generator has a periodicity of around 1 second.

transistor noise generator (filtered) from roland machine and emulation from some point last night.

also in xoxos.net news, i got in touch with neotec. filter modes designated NT on adze/stoooner can now be credited properly :) (considering the nature of discussions in the dsp forum, he can probably be credited with global contributions to the sota in this field.. everyone reads those threads, it's the same few people who contribute the most to them).

hope you're having fun reading these...

take a look at the noise waveform i posted above.. while the spectrum vaguely resembles white noise (actually it has a soft peak around 3k) if you look at it, it has an impulse response..

..which means it functions as a simulation of multiple impacts, like dumping a jar of bb's. which means this noise generator is much more suited for emulating eg. a shaker than digital white noise.

it also explains why 808 hits are sometimes kinda sketchy and have more variance when they run, why 606 snares sound more meaty than 110 (digital noise), why 110 claps don't sound like 808, and so forth.

by design or happenstance, the choice of this noise generator is fortuitous.

xoxos wrote:hope you're having fun reading these...

...edit...
Definitely. It is interesting to learn how the originals are designed and how they can be modelled. Thank you for the running story on the development.

Return to “xoxos”