request new plugs

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:D a multi channels sampler that can import .gig, for free!!!works under vista 64 bit

sinkmusic wrote:
xoxos wrote:muchacho VST ;)
Ah ah, yo conozco este muchacho already ;)
But it takes longer to set up : the little clicks on Gum make it quicker to play with, while dragging the Muchacho faders allows for deep modifications but take quite a while (hell, am i so lazy these days ?)
Cheers
i don't know if i still have the skin. i can recompile it with a tempo detecting module, i won't release it because i'm sure the audio engine is inefficient. you need it?
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Wow, you really a gentleman.

I know Gum is neither as powerful as Muchacho neither as Sandh, but it takes less than a second to tweak :)

I'd say :
- nevermind about the old skin (the old GUI was fun, but i like your new Gui scheme and even your "sketch" plugin have decent gui, so i am not worried about that)
- hurrah for tempo detecting module ! :D :love:

you need it?
"need" ? huh, i'd say "i crave for it" / "i wish it" : if it is time consuming or boring for you, i can deal with the old one, of course, but if you're willing to do it, i'd take it *very* happily !

cheers & thanks

I tried to build this in Reaktor but was thwarted...

An arpeggiator at first glance but with a section to either split the keyboard or receive data from a second midi channel. What makes this different from a normal arpeggiator is the fact that a range of keys can define time divisions polyphonically. Say you have this set so that C-2 thru B0 determine timing and C1 on up determine keys triggered. C-1 would be a base time, say 1 beat at current tempo. C-2 would be half that time and C0 would be 2x. C#-1 would be 1/2 note divisions of C-1, D-1 would be 1/3 note , D#-1 would be 1/4 note, E-1 would be 1/5 note, etc.

This is where things take a big twist. When you hold down two timing keys you get a sequence of notes at each of the time bases.

Where the concept gets tricky is how to decide what notes will play at which time base. The easiest would be via a "highest note" logic path. Meaning, if I'm holding down E-2 (5th notes of C-2) and B-1(12th notes of C-1) and I hold C3 and E3; C3 would play 5 times every two beats and E3 would play 12 times every beat. If you hold down more rhythm keys than note keys or combos of keys that don't divide evenly it also gets tricky.

With a last note logic path it would be similar situation.

What about a next note triggered logic path, where the note behavior is determined the way a normal arppegiator would despite the odd polyrhythms being generated.

You could also have a mode that used 2 midi channels; one for timing and one for note values, which would allow for high resolution and greater range of time divisions.

When you consider how half baked the idea is at this point... it's now wonder I wasn't successful. :hihi: Perhaps this is an interesting concept? Perhaps not?

sinkmusic wrote:Wow, you really a gentleman.

I know Gum

cheers & thanks
the source for neither gum nor atomic is to be found.

ftr it is low on my list of objectives so no telling when, however i have had several thoughts towards a new effect of this kind, for more complex sequencing. to you it's the ease of use in the 3 channels?? any specific requests.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

justin3am wrote:I tried to build this in Reaktor but was thwarted...

An arpeggiator at first glance but with a section to either split the keyboard or receive data from a second midi channel. What makes this different from a normal arpeggiator is the fact that a range of keys can define time divisions polyphonically. Say you have this set so that C-2 thru B0 determine timing and C1 on up determine keys triggered. C-1 would be a base time, say 1 beat at current tempo. C-2 would be half that time and C0 would be 2x. C#-1 would be 1/2 note divisions of C-1, D-1 would be 1/3 note , D#-1 would be 1/4 note, E-1 would be 1/5 note, etc.

This is where things take a big twist. When you hold down two timing keys you get a sequence of notes at each of the time bases.

Where the concept gets tricky is how to decide what notes will play at which time base. The easiest would be via a "highest note" logic path. Meaning, if I'm holding down E-2 (5th notes of C-2) and B-1(12th notes of C-1) and I hold C3 and E3; C3 would play 5 times every two beats and E3 would play 12 times every beat. If you hold down more rhythm keys than note keys or combos of keys that don't divide evenly it also gets tricky.

With a last note logic path it would be similar situation.

What about a next note triggered logic path, where the note behavior is determined the way a normal arppegiator would despite the odd polyrhythms being generated.

You could also have a mode that used 2 midi channels; one for timing and one for note values, which would allow for high resolution and greater range of time divisions.

When you consider how half baked the idea is at this point... it's now wonder I wasn't successful. :hihi: Perhaps this is an interesting concept? Perhaps not?
i'm on holidays :hihi:

xoxos wrote: the source for neither gum nor atomic is to be found.
Thanks for having taken the time to look in your HD archive, Xoxos.

xoxos wrote:ftr it is low on my list of objectives so no telling when, however i have had several thoughts towards a new effect of this kind, for more complex sequencing. to you it's the ease of use in the 3 channels?? any specific requests.
Mmmh : Specific request ? I'll think about it and let you know ;)
What i know is that i prefer to "draw" a bunch of stepseq rows in a single gesture than having to drag each row individually (like in Muchacho), as it takes to much time.
Something between Gum ( = quick, dirty, efficient), Sandh (each time i use it i discover new way of doing stuff) and Muchacho (very good, but takes toooo long to set up).
Or something like Populous meets Artillery ? :D

xoxos wrote:
justin3am wrote:I tried to build this in Reaktor but was thwarted... Perhaps this is an interesting concept? Perhaps not?
i'm on holidays :hihi:
Please enjoy, forget I mentioned it...
...until you return. Then you can remember. :D

p.s. I may get a chance to try Horizon tomorrow, I have a brief opportunity to relax and I want to make some noise.

not a noise maker in any way, but i could really do with a free notepad vst.

is it such an obtuse request?

CinningBao wrote:not a noise maker in any way, but i could really do with a free notepad vst.

is it such an obtuse request?
Already there: http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1855.html
Disclaimer: This post is not meant to insult or attack anyone. All terms that can be considered as patronising, antagonistic, rude or even arrogant and snide are a mere result of my limited abilities of the english language.

Nice one Al :)
cheers!

sorry for polluting this thread with existing plugins!

I think a timpani synth would be a great idea.

I have this theory that artificial reverb never really sounds convincing, because your head in real life is never perfectly still.

I want an organic reverb VST. One that invokes euphonic resonances to some reflections; some that do not. Some that have slight pitch bends applied with random waves, some that do not. Some that have slightly changing phase, some without, some with varying eq, some without.

Something where the reverb sounds alive, because it's not a static "modeling" of a fixed space, but a space that is highly irregular and complex relative to the virtual listeners "head".

Hi all,
Two suggestions: a fingers snapping model (already proposed) and a didgeridoo model.

You have so many products, I'd love to see you combine all of them into one Synth. The XL-XOXOS-PRO-SPECIAL! It would be cool to have everything under the one GUI!
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “xoxos”