request new plugs

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i'm going to take this moment to be nasty and bitchy to everyone ever :)

why? because society really doesn't work for me at all, as a conscionable, perceptive and aware person. living with other people is really uncomfortable for me.

about vst:

boing took over a month of development, aerophone about two.

i have sold two copies of aerophone, and apart from the group buy, seven copies of boing2.

so, keep making those requests. especially really particular ones that you wouldn't use very often, but are expected to preserve themselves within this cultural format anyway.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

rubenshakkamacher wrote:I have this theory that artificial reverb never really sounds convincing, because your head in real life is never perfectly still.

I want an organic reverb VST. One that invokes euphonic resonances to some reflections; some that do not. Some that have slight pitch bends applied with random waves, some that do not. Some that have slightly changing phase, some without, some with varying eq, some without.

Something where the reverb sounds alive, because it's not a static "modeling" of a fixed space, but a space that is highly irregular and complex relative to the virtual listeners "head".
EXCELLENT IDEA! :wheee:

maziu wrote:I think a timpani synth would be a great idea.
Me, too! Timpani with not just pitch, but... ! BRILLIANT IDEA! :hyper:

Smegma wrote:Hi all,
Two suggestions: a fingers snapping model (already proposed) and a didgeridoo model.
My mind is going... YET another 2 GREAT IDEAS! :shock:

MERRY WINTER/HOLIDAY TIMES to XOXOS!!! And a GREATER year 2010!

Heartful thanks for your VST and i's. :love:

im trying to figure out wav4midi.

i really want a filter where i can load complicated polywaves into the lfo.
make them in wavelabs with copy n paste and then load into the lfo filter.
possible sync if it get adjusted right.
saw, sine, sqaure, tri all in one lfo wave.
http://www.zshare.net/audio/6992168773c1656a/
i tried using your wav4midi and figured i could cv into 'keyboard follow' on my filter on my jup8 but no love :( most old analogs have cv in on the filter

your notepad said this, but it looks like cc#s for controlling the wav4midi plugin.

midi cc#s

32 - octave
33 - pitch
34 - start
35 - end
36 - reverse
37 - active
38 - amp
39 - smooth
40 - center
41 - min
42 - max
43 - to bend
44 - cc#

midi note events in reset the wave

here is another cool wave idea for a lfo. i want to have fun but...:(

Xoxos: How about a synth modeled after glass marbles or billiard balls knocking into each other? Or ping pong balls. I love this kind of sound for snare and have noticed these types used by Autechre a lot. Would be great to see a Xoxos-quality model of this.

nsfx wrote:Xoxos: How about a synth modeled after glass marbles or billiard balls knocking into each other? Or ping pong balls. I love this kind of sound for snare and have noticed these types used by Autechre a lot. Would be great to see a Xoxos-quality model of this.
These are good for creating odd perc sounds Ironhead Spawn Plugs by Ugo

Musical Gym wrote:
nsfx wrote:Xoxos: How about a synth modeled after glass marbles or billiard balls knocking into each other? Or ping pong balls. I love this kind of sound for snare and have noticed these types used by Autechre a lot. Would be great to see a Xoxos-quality model of this.
These are good for creating odd perc sounds Ironhead Spawn Plugs by Ugo
Thanks! This was pretty close to what I was talking about. The demo was fun to play with. I think I'll bite.

the world needs a gorgeous pm drumsynth.
6 drums/6 outs.
so the preset makers could make some great kits.
well,that's what i need anyways.

god knows what will happen when that day arrives :) fwiw, i routinely use cymbal vst (from mass-springs) for 909 hat patches to *my* satisfaction. use of mass for drum emulation is only applicable to a very low standard.

one of these days i'll try 2-d meshes again.. i've probably tried that on a half dozen occasions with no useful results. there are some *lovely* offline round membrane simulations around, juging by their performance itme i guess they'd use at least 25% of my cpu if run in realtime. they sound plasticy, but round.

i never used the new fruity loops model, from the sound of it, it sounded like additive modal synthesis of partials. i could do that (for less than $99) but it wouldn't offer much on samples.. about the same difference as sampling a sawtooth would be to using a bandlimited table.. so as of yet, no clue what the first viable solutions for this will look like.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

i must try your sems soon.
maybe a 4 pad cymbal machine,and a 4 pad drum?

i wouldn't mind looking at pm percussion again sometime soon :) i'm not a big fan of multitimbral vst because of the added complexity of updates, edits.. aren't you using a host with unlimited tracks yet? :)

yeah,it's just easier to have a drum vst with kick,snare,hats etc all on one midi track and tweakable on the same gui.
you can see what you're doing better.

:roll:

This is how it goes....

Hey how about......plug in... :o

Look at xoxos.net

Nuts he's already done it! :shock:

What intrigues me at this point are more natural sounding synths and effects. Played around with the new Razor synth from NI -- some very nice presets, very natural (to me) sounding. Ugo's M-theory also has some lovely natural sounds as well, on an easier-to-handle budget.

I love the Sounds of Nature plugs you made -- probably could make a wind chime effect from them ?

With today's processors (I'm lucky to have Intel's latest core i7) Additive Synthesis can't be the cpu killer it once was. Something using AS would be welcomed by me! :D

Return to “xoxos”