request new plugs

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[edited]
reopening this thread as open-ended.

i have a fixed intent/dev schedule, with a vague corollary to implement associated technologies in the process as seems appropriate.

..which means that a week ago, i had intended an assortment of algorithmic generators. as these manifest, they are for instance suggesting unforeseen developments in sequencing that are sensible to me.

this thread was a 'vote for a/b/c,' now it's a sticky for requests, ideas, you name it.
Last edited by xoxos on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

hey

i can understand that maybe, seeing your main interests, is not that appealing to you as future project, as you generally like to push boundaries on the experimental side.....
but i really would like to see a proper payware filtered lead/growling bass synth, bound to be refined with future updates (the more longterm-life your product may look, the more people, i think, might want to jump in, apart from the diehard Xoxos fans like many of us here :P), and made by you, as i can almost foretell, that although theres plenty out there of synths aimed at that task, i bet you could come out with something that would really differ from the masses :)
my 2 cents anyway...really Xoxos, all the best for your future development, you deserve it, period! :tu:
Peace out
Dubadelica - Electronic music since 1996 http://www.dubadelica.com/about.php
Radio Rebelde - Modern roots reggae with an electronic twist https://radiorebeldereggae.bandcamp.com/

i appreciate that 'diehard base' and aspire to live up to it.. i'm not much for bass and distortion (especially with current aural environment) so i doubt it, although it's clear that conventional synths are where the money is.. i've seen many come and go and make sales without any discernible innovation (tbh, not to knock it).

however, when i woke up this morning i realised that no one has yet made a 'mog' synthesizer (moog > welsh for cat). perhaps a convenient dsp will occur to me in the following days.. :p
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:i appreciate that 'diehard base' and aspire to live up to it.. i'm not much for bass and distortion (especially with current aural environment) so i doubt it, although it's clear that conventional synths are where the money is.. i've seen many come and go and make sales without any discernible innovation (tbh, not to knock it).

however, when i woke up this morning i realised that no one has yet made a 'mog' synthesizer (moog > welsh for cat). perhaps a convenient dsp will occur to me in the following days.. :p
sure, i fully understand ;)
as you pointed out also, conventional synths are the main bandwagon, so eventually one of them may pay for your efforts on some experimental ones that have a smaller user base and hence smaller market..
<insert snobby tone of voice a la mr.knowitall marketing man here, fade at pleasure> :P
whatever you choose, your vstwize production will always get respect here :tu:
Peace out, and thanx for replying ;)
Dubadelica - Electronic music since 1996 http://www.dubadelica.com/about.php
Radio Rebelde - Modern roots reggae with an electronic twist https://radiorebeldereggae.bandcamp.com/

Maybe a breaking/tearing synthie, with various materials, paper, wood, chocolate, polystyrene,...
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Breaking is good. I could use a good explosion synth (gunshots, claymores, nuclear detonations, firecrackers, ...) too.

How about a good backing vocals synth? Hasn't been done yet (probably because it's not yet feasible, but still :-)
Apparently, there are some legal, mostly non-controverisal subjects you can't talk about on KVR, or even mention in your sig. Unfortunately, the guidelines don't actually talk about them, so the only way to find out is trial and error.

The friction synth sounds intriguing, however, you might do better commercially by focusing on more musical synths and less on fx.

xchanter 2 with fauna voice model, real beat synch and the melody generation engine from talent and more henon lfos, but reduce the amount of necessary controls by the factor 5 (e.g. there are several almost identical paramteres to change the base pitch of a sequence in talent, in fauna you could replace some envelopes by presets etc.) This would be a hard work, even more than creating the synth itself but include some nice presets and it will definitely rock the house, maybe not the mainstream, but the interested.
Disclaimer: This post is not meant to insult or attack anyone. All terms that can be considered as patronising, antagonistic, rude or even arrogant and snide are a mere result of my limited abilities of the english language.

jwatte wrote:How about a good backing vocals synth? Hasn't been done yet (probably because it's not yet feasible, but still :-)
Take a look at Vielklang

Al Magnifico wrote:xchanter 2 with fauna voice model, real beat synch and the melody generation engine from talent and more henon lfos, but reduce the amount of necessary controls by the factor 5 (e.g. there are several almost identical paramteres to change the base pitch of a sequence in talent, in fauna you could replace some envelopes by presets etc.) This would be a hard work, even more than creating the synth itself but include some nice presets and it will definitely rock the house, maybe not the mainstream, but the interested.
+1

stanlea wrote:Maybe a breaking/tearing synthie, with various materials, paper, wood, chocolate, polystyrene,...
this is what made samplers exciting to me.. being able to use sounds in music that aren't 12et, like snapshots of life experience to sequence and arrange.

it may have to wait until i am more financially secure :)

i'm working on that 'less parameters' thing :)

I'd like the friction synthesis, definitely, and as for percussion synthesis I'd love one big mean machine with lots of nice shaping possibilities, poweful filtering, modulation, huge pitch ranges, fast envelopes, and generally awesome sound. And screw CPU usage, I just need some kickin fresh drum synthesis at any price but sound. Anyway, that's my vote.

xoxos wrote:rhyming + metered poetry/lyrics generator (doesn't require input). standalone although vst is possible..

friction synthesizer - physical model for quasi-real-synthetic sounds.. untuned, not really percussion.. just makes odd noises reminiscent of anything from finger squeaking on glass to furniture being dragged on a wooden floor..
these get my vote. :love:

and fwiw,i think individual prices plus an option to subscribe for little discount.

..i believe there still isn't an entirely non-seeded lyrics/poetry soft (eg. the new liptikl requires seed text).

..this would also give me an opportunity for winapi and retail beyond the vst market.. http://www.breathcube.com/bully.mp3 :D

I am all for a friction synth, with a good bit of gravity thrown in for massive 50 ton grantic rocks scraping on top of a empty 5 billion gallon metal water drum...... :evil:

Return to “xoxos”