Exporting to 64 bit

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all, I'm new to this forum, and to audio stuff in general, so sorry if this is a really stupid question.

I have Version 131beta 2 of sonicbirth, and I'd love to be able to use the preset plugins (like flying monkey synth) in my 64 bit version of ableton. Is this possible?

I read somewhere that even though the plugins come with a 64 bit option, the program will recognise it as 32 bit. However I've also read you can export a plugin as 64 bit, so maybe there's a way around this?

I've tried using the plugins in Garageband, so they seem to be working; they just don't show up in ableton.

Hi, sorry I can't help 'cause I'm on Windows.
It is sad not see the developer here very often. I posted here from time to time but no activity from developers since months. Is Sonicbirth still being developed? Hope that makira is doin' well at least!

Thanks for the response anyhow! I may just end up using 32 bit ableton instead to get around this issue.

Good to know there's still a few people kicking around here!

You can use this utility to 'convert' 32bit plugins to use in 64bit DAWs, used it for all the old weird plugins on my machine ! https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/

Hey, as far as I'm aware SonicBirth 1 will only export 32bit. Internal precision can be set to 64bit but that doesn't affect the exported plugin.

I just exported a simple plug and Maschine saw it running in 32bit mode but didn't see it working in 64bit mode.

SonicBirth v2 will export universal 32/64bit for Macs - very handy. Maybe you could try v2?

If you want to stick with Sbv1 and still use a 64bit host it might be worth looking at Agent from NYRV. There's a free version with Computer Music mag issue 222.

As far as I can see it will allow you to wrap a 32bit plugin and make it available to 64bit hosts.

Have solved the problem now by just reverting to 32 bit ableton but thanks for the help all!

Tried using jBridge, but plugins kept crashing.
True! i could update to V2. For some reason I thought I was using the most current version, but now I see there's a V2 option as well. Might give it a go.

Thanks again!

Return to “SonicBirth”