select a waveshape??

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I am very new to sonic birth so apologies if this is a simple question.

I am trying to build a synth with 4 selectable waveshapes ie, sine, saw, square and triangle. From reading the documentation it seemed to me that the way to do this would be with a piecewise circuit.

So I have my piecewise circuit with two inputs, freq and vel and an argument 1-4 to select 4 sub circuits each with a different osc in.

All 4 osc's share 1 output.

This however, doesn't work. Is this how the piecewise circuit is intended to work, or am I missing something?

I can't find any kind of logic switch in the drop menu?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

ok so here's a tutorial

1. create an indexed argument.

2. then create a midi-multi-note argument and add 1 additional input and output(no need to worry about the attack and release inputs).

3. click on the indexed argument and create 2 more values in the settings so you now have 4 values.

4. select the first value and rename it to sine and set its value setting to 0 then select the second value and rename it to saw and set its value setting to 1
then select the third value and rename it to square and set its value setting to 2
then select the fourth value and rename it to triangle and set its value to 3.

5. link the indexed argument to the additional channel you made earlier (you can instead of calling it channel 2 ect. you can call it gentype if you want)

6. click on the midi-multi-note argument and click next

7. create a piecewise circuit inside the midi-multi-note and create 2 additional inputs and 1 output

8. link the gentype input to the range input on the piecewise circuit and link the note and velocity inputs to the 2 additional inputs you made.

9. click on the piecewise circuit and add 3 more ranges so you currently have 4.

10. click on the first range and then click next and create a sine wave generator then link the two inputs of the circuit to the F and P inputs of the
generator then link the output of the generator to the output of the piecewise circuit

11. click prev. and then click on the second range of the piecewise circuit then click next and add a saw wave generator and link the two inputs of the circuit to the F and P inputs of the saw generator and link the output of the swa wave to the output of the circuit.

12. click prev. do the same for the square and triangle waves

13. link the output of the piecewise circuit to the output of the midi-multi-note

14. click prev. again to get to the main circuit and link the output of the midi-multi-note to the output of the circuit

15. export and test the plugin in your VST/AU host and see if it works

i hope this tutorial has helped you! :D
:D

This dose not seen to work without crashing or i am doing it wrong. Can you post a picture?

Return to “SonicBirth”