Catalina & Big Sur Nightmare (Solved)

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For almost a month I have been testing with Natan with the different versions of Maize Sampler that Xiang is providing us, to this day the tests are summarized:

Problem summary:

Plugins created in macOS Catalina and tested directly without compressing or uploading them to the internet: It works

Plugins exported in Catalina, compressed and uploaded to the Internet for later download in Catalina: Damaged

Plugins exported in windows and transferred to macOS catalina on a pendrive: It works

Plugins exported in windows and uploaded to the Internet for later download in Catalina: Damaged
Last edited by BeatMaker_xyz on Sat May 08, 2021 8:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

:!:

Edited
Last edited by SampleScience on Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edited
Last edited by SampleScience on Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edited
Last edited by SampleScience on Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

SampleScience wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:58 pm There's now a pre-release for v2.6 which exports plugins for macOS Catalina just fine. From my tests, it works but you're stuck with the name "Maize Sample Player", so if you create multiple plugins, they will be all named "Maize Sample Player". It's kind of a problem because if you have multiple Maize plugins, they will all have the same name.

Because of this, I'm thinking about creating a plugin player and just sell/distribute the mse files for it. There will be less confusion for macOS Catalina users. For Windows each plugin has its own name, so it's not a problem there.

Edit: I'm currently running a test with my free plugin Oberom, you can give the macOS Catalina version a try here:

https://www.samplescience.ca/p/oberom-d ... -page.html

If everything goes well, I'll start converting my other plugins for Catalina.
Being stuck with the Maize Sample Player name is a non starter for us as a company...such a shame that we have this this roadblock with Maize/catalina...im still convinced that Maize plug-ins can be signed and notarized though, someone must have done surely?
DopeVST are now DopeSONIX

Edited

SampleScience wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:58 pm There's now a pre-release for v2.6 which exports plugins for macOS Catalina just fine. From my tests, it works but you're stuck with the name "Maize Sample Player", so if you create multiple plugins, they will be all named "Maize Sample Player". It's kind of a problem because if you have multiple Maize plugins, they will all have the same name.

Because of this, I'm thinking about creating a plugin player and just sell/distribute the mse files for it. There will be less confusion for macOS Catalina users. For Windows each plugin has its own name, so it's not a problem there.

Edit: I'm currently running a test with my free plugin Oberom, you can give the macOS Catalina version a try here:

If everything goes well, I'll start converting my other plugins for Catalina.

I tried your plugin and it works fine in Catalina, the problem, as you said before, is the name.
How are you doing with Hise? I am with Synthedit 64 bit :)

Regards

Hise is great but it's a lot of work, debugging plugins is time-consuming. Maybe it's just the learning curve though. I'm still not sure I want to release plugins using it. For the moment, I'll stick to Maize and, I'll develop more advanced Halion and Kontakt instruments.

OK
Last edited by DopeSONIX on Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

SampleScience wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:58 pm

Did you have to get the free plug-in signed and notarized to work on Catalina?

Edited

So i wonder how will this work?
Last edited by DopeSONIX on Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edited
Last edited by SampleScience on Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the HISE info btw...im sure it would be better just to learn JUCE and bypass HISE licensing altogether although im sure JUCE requires a lot of scripting.
Last edited by DopeSONIX on Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Maizesoft”