Will Muon go ever 64-bit?

Official support for: muon-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Will Muon go ever 64-bit?

Pretty sure Muon software is dead and buried. There hasn't been a plugin update for years, not to mention the time since the last new plugin. Shame, as I think tau2 was always better sounding than most 303 emulations, but it's the way it has to be, I guess... Luckily there are good alternatives to most plugins nowadays, including Muon synths.
My SoundCloud
DAW: Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, GTX1070TI 8GB, Scarlett 2i2
Software: Win10, Cubase 10, Bitwig - Monitoring: Kali audio IN-8

Not dead nor buried at all.

As I have mentioned repeatedly over the years, I've been doing contract work in the audio software business for well over a decade now. I work behind the scenes and try to stay out of the spotlight.

I've also been saying for years that I would like to update the old Muon-branded products and it's true, I really would. No doubt I could make them a million times better. Unfortunately it just isn't financially viable.

The harsh reality is that while it isn't impossible to make a living from audio software, it is very, very hard. Many businesses fail, The KVR database is full of products from my contemporaries gathering dust, linking to websites long gone.

Back in the hazy, crazy early days of the VST plugin market it was possible for a one-man band like Muon to gain a lot of international attention because we were first. We were not the best, we were just first. So I made a few plugins, got a bit of money, and wondered what the heck to do next. Sales were dramatically lower than I originally anticipated, the competition started to quickly make better products, and Muon nearly went bust. Piracy was a massive factor in this too, though not the only one.

I had big plans but after years of making heavy financial losses I was ready to call time on the whole thing and close up shop. Thankfully I was able to make some money contracting and I've done it ever since.

I help my clients ramp up to meet the challenges of this difficult and frustrating market. I help them design better products, reduce their development times, reduce their support burden, and thus be more profitable - which in this business is essential to growth.

Still doing that contract work, Dave? :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Not any more. I don't really want to go into detail, but I went to live in Portugal a few years ago and discovered that I had some long term health issues that affected my ability to work. I'm back living in the UK now and slowly trying to ease myself back into things.

My health is much better now and I'm more able to concentrate on my work. I'm looking for things to do but I'm not planning on going contracting again any time soon. So, if all goes well, yes, I will update this software to 64 bit within the next year or so.

Kind regards & thanks for your continued interest!
Dave
Muon Software Ltd
www.muon-software.com

Hey Dave

Good to hear you're feeling better. Look after yourself fella.

Red

Muon Software Ltd wrote:Not any more. I don't really want to go into detail, but I went to live in Portugal a few years ago and discovered that I had some long term health issues that affected my ability to work. I'm back living in the UK now and slowly trying to ease myself back into things.

My health is much better now and I'm more able to concentrate on my work. I'm looking for things to do but I'm not planning on going contracting again any time soon. So, if all goes well, yes, I will update this software to 64 bit within the next year or so.

Kind regards & thanks for your continued interest!
Dave
Muon Software Ltd
http://www.muon-software.com
I hope you get well soon.. NO!! I KNOW you'll get well soon! :D

I've been waiting this like... Don't even know.. I just love you :love:

Next year = january? :hyper:

Return to “Muon Software”