Tau Pro VST problems - OSX10.5.6 / Cubase / Mac Pro / 8 core

Official support for: muon-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought Tau Pro recently but have had nothing but trouble with it. I'm using it with Cubase 4.52 on a 2.8GHz 8-core Mac Pro under OSX 10.5.6. My audio interface is a MOTU 828MkII firewire and I work at 44.1KHz / 24bit and 1024 buffer setting.

Basically if I load Tau Pro as an instrument in Cubase, the audio output channel for it instantly jumps to maximum volume in the mixer, but there is no sound (from Tau Pro). If I have certain plugins (such as SSL) in the output chain of the mixer then I get no sound at all from Cubase (as Tau Pro seems to be overdriving them to the point where they cannot function). If I play with the 'drive' knob on TP, I get sound but it's _ridiculously_ loud - loud as in damaging monitors / cans type loud.

If I play around with saving and loading a project containing the Tau Pro instance, or even changing ASIO driver, then sometimes when I reload the project I get a loud squawk then Tau Pro will work as expected, but this is a serious PITA just to get a plugin working.

I reported the issue to the developers but the answer was it was the first they had heard of it.

Anyone else having similar problems?

*edited for clarification
Last edited by Skinfitz on Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

...anyone?

Unfortunately I still don't have any further suggestions for you, and as per our email discussion I believe that this is most likely configuration dependent. There have been no other reports of a similar issue I'm afraid.

The only thing I can suggest is trying it on a different mac if you have one to hand.

Kind regards
Dave
Muon Software Ltd
www.muon-software.com

I was unfortunately never able to reproduce this problem, but I have a distinct feeling that the v2.0.2 update will fix the issue you are having.

Drop us an email (contact details are on our site or email via KVR) referencing this thread, and I'll make sure you get the update manually.

Kind regards
David Waugh
Managing Director
Muon Software Ltd
http://www.muon-software.com/
http://muonsoftware.blogspot.com/

Return to “Muon Software”