Poll ended at Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:22 pm

Love it!
83%
Hate it!
18%

Total votes: 40

RELATED
PRODUCTS

if you can't replicate the issue it'll be damn hard for you to do that!
such is the life of a software developer - and, it seems, a web developer. I'm sure I can just move the footer down if its a problem, but as I say it all looks good in FF, Safari and IE6/IE7. I'll download FF3 and have a go later.

Kind regards
Dave

Aha! I think I see where a problem may lie. Good ol' Firebug. Anyways, at home on FF2 on XP I could see the problem, but here at work using FF2 on Vista, it's not there. I checked the styles and the font is Arial Narrow. I doubt everyone has that. I was looking at Times New Roman when I was seeing the problem. I don't recall what font IE was showing because I was only looking for a spacing issue. (Also, the TR is 420px high in a TABLE that's 400px high in a DIV that's 420px high!) This isn't a huge problem, but I'd recommend having a fallback font like Arial or just sans-serif since Arial Narrow isn't standard, as far as I know. ({font-family: Arial Narrow, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;})

I whipped up a little test, using a variety of styles. The first one should look pretty much the same as your site... to you. To people without Arial Narrow it will look like the second one, which overflows its boundaries. The third one uses plain old Arial and the fourth one uses plain Arial with a line-height set to 1.1em. The fifth one does double-duty. It's Arial Narrow for the folks who have it and it degraded to Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif for everyone else. Unfortunately, it's now a little short for the people who have Arial Narrow installed, but it doesn't overflow for the rest of us.

BTW, what I'm supposed to be doing at the moment is figuring out why accented characters go bonzo on Safari 3.04 and not 2.x or 3.12 or, really, anything else on the planet. Why? Because some of my clients are using Safari 3.04 and they want it to look nice. I also had to remove some nice code that worked on everything except Safari 2 (Flash video object fetched via XMLHttp and dynamically written to the page won't display in Safari 2 until you hover over something else nearby). Such is the life of web developers.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Website is very cute. But seems to me that all you need for now is just release the new cute synth. :shrug:

Pough - many thanks for that, I'll see what I can do in Netobjects Fusion 10 to alleviate the issue. I was assured by our designer that Arial Narrow was a very common font and wouldn't cause this kind of issue, but you live and learn :?

Igro - I have no idea what you are on about. Which cute plugin are you after?

Muon Software Ltd wrote:Igro - I have no idea what you are on about. Which cute plugin are you after?
:) If you created new website for now, may we expect some new vsti in near future? Just curious, have you any plans? So many years gone, i think it's time to creating something new. :wink:

If you created new website for now, may we expect some new vsti in near future? Just curious, have you any plans? So many years gone, i think it's time to creating something new.
We don't have any firm plans to release anything further on the Muon brand right now. However you can get plugins we have coded from our partners like samplebase.com, AMG, Computer Music and others in the future.

CM just released CMplay which is based on our Tachyon engine just this week, for example.

Kind regards
Dave

Dave! It's good to hear from one of the founding fathers of the vsti world. Your work is much appreciated and Tau Pro will always have a place on my system. :hail:

(Love the new website!)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Dave! It's good to hear from one of the founding fathers of the vsti world.
Makes me sound like 100 years old :lol: :D

Everyone who has requested an upgrade and not had a query back from us should, by now, have received their upgraded product.

I'll keep an eye out for email bounces, but if you don't receive your upgrade delivery email in the next few days please email us again.

Kind regards
Dave

Got mine, thanks Dave :)

tonalaxis wrote:Got mine, thanks Dave :)
Got mine too! Wasn't expecting it that quickly, as I just mailed you a couple of hours ago.
Many thanks! Tau Pro was one of the first (if not THE first) vsti I purchased.

Have been wearing my fingers down to stumps doing updates.

Only now am I wondering if it would have been easier to code a customer self-service area on the website...and that was before I realised all the Tau Pro AU's were the wrong version of the code thanks to a simple file management screw up.

It's been a long day
Dave 8)

PS - in all seriousness, if anyone has the kind of high-level PHP scripting background to help with the creation of a *secure* customer self service area (as a paid contract at market rate) please contact me with weblinks to examples of your work and your CV.

Muon Software Ltd wrote:
Dave! It's good to hear from one of the founding fathers of the vsti world.
Makes me sound like 100 years old :lol: :D
Well you don't look a day over 90. :hihi:

I own Tau Pro and Tau 2. What updates have been done to these products? :)

EDIT: I forgot I even owned Tau 2. Just fired her up and damn she screeeems. :-o
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:I forgot I even owned Tau 2. Just fired her up and damn she screeeems.

:-o
I agree :D
I bought it 2 days ago thinking that it just was a payware version of CM303 but i was wrong :D

This thing sounds Much better than the CM version and the accent sounds great :tu:

I liked it so much so i just bought Tau Pro also :tu:

What does the 2 buttons on top of Tau 2 do?

The buttons that switches from a arrow up down to a circle and that thing that looks like a tape recorder.

Return to “Muon Software”