Announcing CMplay!

Official support for: muon-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I cannot get any midi channel apart from midi channel 1 to play :(

host is ableton.

setup a midi track with cmplay.

loaded bass patch on midi channel 1, using computer keyboard as the input and that plays fine.

load new patch to midi channel 2 in cmplay and change from midi channel 1 to 2 on the midi track, no sound at all.

everything just seems to work on midi channel 1

using windows machine.

any ideas?

or have i missed a step somewhere?

I could be wrong, but for me when using the computer keyboard in Live it only transmits on channel 1. If you change the track channel to anything except "all channels" or channel 1, you can see that the MIDI activity meter doesn't move.

I can only suggest that you hook up a MIDI controller, or check the Live manual for more details. CMplay works just fine multitimbrally in other hosts.

Kind regards
Dave

have also tried noatikl with cmplay and have set 3 voices to use midi channel 1, 2 & 3.

only midi channel 1 works :(

noatikl works fine with other synths on other midi channels.

so not sure what is going on.

I think you must be making a mistake somewhere in setting up the configuration.

Parts in CMplay are not dedicated to particular MIDI channels. The MIDI channel a Part will respond to is shown in the left hand column, this can be anything you want. By default Parts 1-16 are allocated to MIDI channels 1-16, however so you shouldn't need to change anything in this column unless you want to layer up patches for example.

To load a Patch onto a Part:-

1. Click the part to select it where it says "unassigned". The row in the part display will turn white.

2. Hover the mouse over the Browser Menu icon so that it lights up, click to display the menu and select a patch. Once loaded you will see that Patch's name on the row in the Part display.

Now go to the second row of the Part display, and repeat with another Patch.

Then finally go to the third row of the Part display, and repeat again with another Patch.

One other thing to make sure of is that you are actually sending MIDI notes that are mapped in the Patch. Not all of the Patches supplied cover the whole MIDI range.

Regards
Dave

Congrats Muon!

Looking good!

Hello

is there an easy way to see what patch will respond to which midi note?

as I am using a few voices using below C# in noatikl

thanks

is there an easy way to see what patch will respond to which midi note?
Unfortunately not.

ok thats cool.

will try again tonight.

re midi channel response, yes I too was suffering this misbehavior for the last hour. :cry: load cplay .The 'mistake' I was making?...cplay midi track set to monitor in (as expected)reveals this issue ,but now set monitor to auto(you don't need to press record) and the machine responds to selected midi channel when triggered from an additional midi track,I think thats ,if you see what I mean....

this is looking good on my lazy ibm t23 :love: , ha, but wait til' the fx kick in... :cry:

perhaps thus...Image

I'm having a similar problem. I'm using energyXT to host, and when I load up more than one patch on CMplay, no matter which one I highlight, only Patch 1 plays when use the MIDI keyboard. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Further to my above post, I have found a way of getting the other Patches to play, but it seems needlessly cumbersome: I change every single Part to channel 1, then solo each one that I want to play. There is a better way, isn't there?

Your Midi keyboard has a way to change the channel.
Also your host may have a way to specify a channel. The way you are doing it is one way but there are better methods. What Midi keyboard do you have? Look into the manual for it as to how to change to Channel 2 etc. Usually you switch your controller keyboard to channels you need. CM play has the parts on different midi channels by default in most patches. Use keystrokes on your controller keyboard to switch through them. (As defined in your keyboard manual).

Also look into EXT and how it deals with changing midi channels. (I don't use EXT regularly enough to help there though). Different hosts deal with this in different ways, but it should be easy enough to track with the info I just provided.
Paul

Thanks so much! I did both, and I think it's working now.

Maybe you don't have support for these plugins anymore.
Just to report this. I got CM mag last week, and tried CM play, DS404, and neither of them will load a wav or aif. 16bit mono.
I'm on a Mac PB G4, 1.33mhz running osx10.4.11, using Ableton Live6.
For one, when I try to load a sample, they are all greyed out. So I can't load them. Many of the GUI functions on DS404, when clicked on, don't work. They just don't respond at all.
If you need more details, let me know, but I'm seriously doubting I'll be able to run any of these samplers on my Mac. Bummer. :(

edit: The 202 and other muon cm plugins work. It's only the samplers that won't load anything. aif/wav. 16bit mono/stereo.
The manual says it can import aif/wav files, but it isn't clear on how to do that.
edit: Just checking this forum, I guess I need to load presets for the CM Play, from the CM disk, but I can't find any presets for CM Play on the disk.
Do you know where they are located?
Thanks for any help.

SR202, CM303 and DS404 are discontinued, and you are right, there is no support for them. Two things I will say though:-

1. DS404 does not respond to mouse clicks in its display screen. Click on the little buttons marked 1-4 and also the data entry dial on the right of the screen. I know its a pain, but its a (very) long story as to why the user interface is like this.

2. If you are looking at a file dialog and all the files are greyed out, they are not of a loadable type. Chances are you are clicking the patch load buttons by mistake? these will be looking for .202 / .404 files containing complete banks of sounds. In SR202 the pad load buttons are above the pads themselves. In DS404 you need to go into the menus to import samples.

CMplay is current, so there is still full support for it. On your CM DVD there should be a folder with the .wav file samples and .tcp patches for CMplay. Copy these to your mac hard drive, then go into CMPlay's option screen and add that folder to the path list. Then CMplay will automatically browse through the folders and add all the playable files it can find to the browser menus.

It sounds to me like what you really need to do is spend a bit of time with the manuals :wink:

Kind regards
Dave Waugh
Managing Director
Muon Software Ltd
http://www.muon-software.com
http://muonsoftware.blogspot.com

Return to “Muon Software”