Muon Softwares "Neutron" Please help!!

Official support for: muon-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dave,

wow, that was quick!

thanks for your reply. I think I might start caching my pennies and just purchase Satellite Pro...:)
rrrc.bandcamp.com||bandcamp.com/blatanville
"ALL YOUR CUBASE ARE BELONG TO REAPER" - 5.1 Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:17 pm
i9-10900CF|32GB|Nvidia RTX3060Ti|Win 11|REAPER|FLStudio|more plugins than I've had hot meals

wow, that was quick!
Yeah, I'm pretty much chained to this PC right now :lol:

Sorry Dave, another question about ONE and ONE solo:

Are any OPFs/OPMs that created in ONE, usuable in Solo MkII ?

Dextrus.
Dextrus

Solo MkII doesn't have multple channels, so OPMs don't work. OPF's should work fine so long as you have a license to use the samples its made of.

Kind regards
Dave

PS - I don't know when Solo MkII will be released

So if I have created some OPFs from scratch using ONE (the download version with no library), I can use them in ONE Solo Mk II?
Dextrus

So long as ONE/solo MkII can find the samples it shouldn't be a problem. It doesn't have a custom folder path, so you'd have to be sure to put the samples on the main library path somewhere. It was only really designed to play "canned" libraries.

Why use ONE/solo though if you already have ONE?

Kind regards
Dave

I wanted to replicate the way in which I would simply play and manipulate atribtrary REX files as I did in Solo MkI, but using OPFs instead since MkII doesn't use Rex loops anymore, but it looks to me like Solo Mk II is simply a way of demo other people library (like satellite FREE) and from that perspective Solo MkII is of no use to me.
Dextrus

As I said in my post above, Solo MkII will load any arbitrary OPF file provided it can "see" the samples. For it to see the samples, they either have to be in their original place on disk and not moved OR be on the library path.

If the patch includes any encrypted samples you must have a valid license file too.

Either way, its all a bit moot as ONE/Solo MkII has no set date for release yet :-)

Kind regards
Dave

so is anything happening with this? i would buy it for sure, especially if you throw in some effects like in cmplay :)

ds-404 + cmplay is doing the trick for now but damn it can get fiddley
In the future there will be robots!

Both ONE/Solo mkII and CMplay are both designed pretty much for a single purpose - playing canned libraries. I can only imagine how tricky it might be to be using DS404 as a patch editor and importing the results into CMplay compared to using TachyonS, and you'd be disappointed to learn that ONE/solo MkII has no import capabilities at all (and currently no release date!).

However if you are interested in the functionality of ONE/Solo MkII but want import capabilities and FX, the best thing to go for would be the full version of ONE itself, available from AMG. If you get the download version its only 60GBP

http://www.samples4.com/catalog/product ... cts_id=722

Another, less loop-orientated, alternative would be Satellite Pro from Ilio:

http://samplebase.com/satellitepro.htm

Though it lacks the step sequencer and loop manipulation capabilities that ONE has, it does have full sample editing/mapping features like DS404 and some very nice timestretching too from Zplane.

All of these various products are based on our Tachyon virtual sampler engine, so they have the "Muon family" sound.

Kind regards
Dave
Muon Software Ltd
www.muon-software.com

One does look pretty sweet, how portable is it? also how practical is it for one-shots, that's mainly what i'm looking for, but I'd like to have slicing as a bonus, but using one-shots would be the primary funtion... i'm having a look through the manual right now so hopefully I can gather the info i need there, because I've actually been thinking about this plug for a while, just not really this seriously because money's been tight but it looks like i'll have a chance to buy a new toy soon :) just want to make it the right one. I don't think the manualy will tell me how ONe will work if i use it in Tunafish away from my home computer, all the other muon plugs i use work flawlessly including cmplay, will One follow suit?

I don't see any reason why ONE wouldn't work as well as CMplay. Why not download the demo version and give it a try before you make up your mind?

Kind regards
Dave
Muon Software Ltd
www.muon-software.com

well i've installed the demo and copied the .dll into my Tuna plugin folder and uninstalled it... it still works so that's a good sign it will work on a shared computer (like at the university, i live far away from school so when i am there i tend to stay overnight and just use their computers).

can i set the browser with a relative path? that seems to be the only problem I might run into, as the drive letter would change on different computers most of the time.

ONE stores its settings locally (in the registry on Windows, and in a preference file on Mac). So if you run it on two machines, you can have completely seperate settings on each machine including the Custom Folder and Library paths.

One thing to be aware of is that you will need a license key for the download version to activate the import features - if you run ONE on two machines you will need two different license keys and you'll need to contact AMG to make sure that they're OK with this.

Kind regards
Dave
Muon Software Ltd
www.muon-software.com

Return to “Muon Software”