DrumComputer sluggish in SEQ panel

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When working in the SEQ panel DrumComputer is a bit sluggish (mouse movement with faders), but more important, it slows down Live10 on Mac OSX Mojave and all other plugins on other tracks. Every mouse movement becomes a challenge, every fader is lagging. I tried it in Reaper, and it's even worst than in Live10. UI scale at 100% doesn't change anything. The only workaround i found is by closing the UI, or leave DrumComputer in the Kit panel, or go back in one of the 8 sound design sections.

I got the same problem wit Aparillo when it's left in the Orbit panel; i was told by SB support 8 months ago via email the issue would be fixed in an upcoming update. I like Sugar Bytes they got creative plugins, but that issue is a major disappointment...
Last edited by simonvolt on Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

I see the same sluggishness on OSX High Sierra

I find Sugar Bytes UIs slow overall. I have Thesys, Aparillo, Factory and Egoist and I find the problem in all of them, especially the last three which have tabs and different views. The problem is probably in the framework they use to draw the UI, so until they change it I think we will have the same problem.

I only have Thesys of those listed above, but haven’t experienced any of these issues in Catalina using either Live or Logic.

Jorgeelalto wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:08 pm The problem is probably in the framework they use to draw the UI, so until they change it I think we will have the same problem.
I also think this might be the problem. I have a couple of plugins with similar issues from other developers, but they offer more workaround than SB. For example, i got Cableguys ShaperBox 2 (amazing btw) recently which also slows down my DAW but only when it's not at UI scale 100%. But no matter what i do with DC, when it's in the SEQ panel there is no solution; you have to get out of this panel if you want to work on other tracks without being slowed down.

seq view has been improved in 1.1. , just a little bit.
if cpu was improved, I spent that bit right away with the new analog osc and eq :)
we are investigating drawing issues further. but especially osx is not very sporty at drawing many images at once...
best rico

Sugar Bytes wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:06 pm but especially osx is not very sporty at drawing many images at once...
I think it's the other way around, there is nothing wrong with OSX it's more probable it's your framework to draw the UI that's not "sporty". Anyhow, thank you for the update and keep on refining DC: you got a beast there. Btw this Drum Machine deserves to be better known, a bit more publicity maybe...

No please let us beat maniacs keep this awesome software a secret

Return to “Sugar Bytes”