Drum Computer: Rendering Latency

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I observe a huge latency between the sound and the UI Rendering. Sound is fine, rendering feels off significantly. I can't measure, but my guess would be between 100-300ms. Does anyone else observe this? Seems to be stronger within the DAW than standalone.

I'm on Win10, Cubase Elements 10, VST x64.

Please check the settings for zoom factor. At 100% the gui takes less cpu.
You can also disable the wavetable realtime draw to chill out the gui some more.
(deactivate "Animate WT Draw")
Hope it helps :)

Hmm, UI scaling might make a difference, but I observe this lag even at 100%. It's not that the UI is slow, there's just some latency. It becomes very obvious when I solo a channel, put a trigger on every quarter note, and compare the meter display of drumcomputer with that of the cubae mixer. The mixer in cubase is tight, in sync with the sound. DrumComputer's meter slightly lags behind. Not a big deal, but I think it also affects the running lights on each track, which can make it a bit difficult to understand what's going on in the sequencer...

I experience exactly the same latency. The UI lags behind. Even at 100%.But it shouldn't lag at any percentage of course.

I see the same thing in Reason 10 OSX 10.13.6

Place a kick at 5 and 13. The sound occurs when the Drum Computer playhead is at position 4 and 12. It's a whole beat off.

Something feels "off" about the GUI in general - slow to change between pages sometimes

This is using the demo version

EDIT: the playhead itself seems very "jumpy" and not smooth even at zoom factor 100%

I also experience the gui being off slightly .the sound is rock steady though

Return to “Sugar Bytes”