Aparillo LFO rates not remembered

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Interestingly, the LFO problem is present in the stand-alone version of Aparillo on my PC. The presets I've created all load with the LFO rates at minimum, regardless of how they were saved. So it is definitely not just a Mac problem.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:23 am I have made a few that way, yes, and I've been able to recall them without any problems.
synthguy wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:38 amYou have no problems with the LFO recall in Cubase, but I wonder about other DAWs, especially Reason?
Cubase and Orion.
By 'recall', I don't mean saving a patch and then loading it. I mean having an Aparillo loaded in your DAW (in Reason in my case), tweaking its LFO rates, saving the project (but not saving the patch), and when reopening the project, Aparillo remembers all the parameter settings, just like with every other VST I've ever used in a DAW. In my case, Aparillo remembers all the parameter settings except the LFO rates. Sugar Bytes acknowledges the problem.

Good news, support did reply, and already fixed it, i guess soon will appear 105 for all registered users (if not yet).

sweet!

synthguy wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:45 pmBy 'recall', I don't mean saving a patch and then loading it. I mean having an Aparillo loaded in your DAW (in Reason in my case), tweaking its LFO rates, saving the project (but not saving the patch), and when reopening the project, Aparillo remembers all the parameter settings, just like with every other VST I've ever used in a DAW. In my case, Aparillo remembers all the parameter settings except the LFO rates. Sugar Bytes acknowledges the problem.
Yes, I know what you were talking about. In Cubase and Orion that is exactly what I did and it worked properly. Obviously you can't do that in the standalone, so it was down to noticing that the LFO rates had not been correctly recalled when I loaded the patch.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:20 am
synthguy wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:45 pmBy 'recall', I don't mean saving a patch and then loading it. I mean having an Aparillo loaded in your DAW (in Reason in my case), tweaking its LFO rates, saving the project (but not saving the patch), and when reopening the project, Aparillo remembers all the parameter settings, just like with every other VST I've ever used in a DAW. In my case, Aparillo remembers all the parameter settings except the LFO rates. Sugar Bytes acknowledges the problem.
Yes, I know what you were talking about. In Cubase and Orion that is exactly what I did and it worked properly. Obviously you can't do that in the standalone, so it was down to noticing that the LFO rates had not been correctly recalled when I loaded the patch.
I experience the problem with Reason, but not with Hosting AU (OSX).

Hi everybody,

we recently uploaded a new Aparillo version (1.0.5) where the described problems are fixed now.
Please download and install again. But before this we recommend to manually delete the Aparillo VST file from:

Windows:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Vstplugins\Aparillo.dll (32bit)
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2\Aparillo.dll (64bit)

macOS:
/Library/Audio/Plugins/VST/Aparillo.vst

Do the same for the Aparillo.dll or Aparillo.vst in case you copied it to another plugin folder you specified in your DAW.

Then please start your DAW and close it again. That will make sure the cash file is overwritten.

After that please download and install the latest version of Aparillo and make a rescan.

This should fix it.

Sorry for the trouble!

Best,
Nadine

Wow! That is some seriously responsive customer service. Thanks heaps.

Thanks so much, it seems to be working perfectly now! A small thing that makes a big difference. Now it's time to get to know this beast. :)

I keep forgetting to install the update. I'm posting this in the hope that I will see the thread tonight and remember to do it. I am super-keen to start finding spots for Aparillo in our music. I am currently moving a lot of old songs across from Orion to Cubase, which is the perfect opportunity to slip in something new and different.

I wish Sugar Bytes would E-mail customers about updates! The KS for the fix!

Just got a notification here that there is another update, 1.0.6, that fixes some Orbiter issue.

YES!
thank you so much for telling us
they fixed exactly those two oribiter related issues i was about to write here! :-)
well done sugarbytes and thank you bones! :-)

btw,
how did you get notified?
i haven't recieved anything...

Aparillo is one of those underrated software plugins which are often overlooked just because they are different. Thank you SB for the update!

I'm curious about how you got notified also Bones.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”